Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Eiceys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Serial: XAW70015XXXXX
Region: IL
Firmware: 4.1.0
Color option: Grey
Store: KSP
Bundle : No
Purchase date: 2017-07-13 (Release Date)
Fusee Gelee works : YES

allthingsfresh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally get to add my console, I'm so grateful for everyone here putting up with my questions beforehand:
Serial: XAW100800xxxxx
Serial on device matches serial on box: YES
Region: US
Color option: NEON
Store: TARGET
Was a bundle (if yes, which): NO
Purchase date: 07/14/2018
Fusée Gelée works: YES

Everything is working well, now running a custom firmware. Hooray!

ihatespamius

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
New here.

Anyone bought a Switch in Australia in the last couple of weeks, thinking of getting one from Amazon AUS ($50 cheaper than everywhere else) but not sure if the stock has flushed through to the Blocked versions yet. Which SKU is more likely to have flushed old stocks be a fixed version (Neon or Grey). (SE variants such as Odyssey and Splatoon 2 are not available much anymore)
Can probably write a couple of pages about the exploits and how they work if I have a physical device in hand for a uni assignment technology security. Mostly considering writing my report about the 3DS as there are 3 different exploits that I could use to make up the page count. (Seedminer+dsi, System Transfer+dsi and NTRBOOT)
If I get a F/G blocked version I will have a Switch anyway to play Xenoblade 2/Monster Hunter and Tatsuki no Tatsujin (Drum Master) as well as import English release games from Asia that won't see the light of day in AUS. (+ Fire Emblem in 2019 hopefully)

xano1967

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Serial: XAJ700421XXXXX
Region: EUR
Color option: GREY
Store: FNAC (Villebon, France)
Purchase date: 08/19/2018

Last edited by xano1967,

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Serial: XAJ700418XXXXX
Color option: GREY
Store: Mediamarkt Brussels (1000)
Purchase date: 08/21/2018

For people in Belgium looking for an unpatched console :
Following wtfrtw info about Mediamarkt NL, I went to Mediamarkt Brussels to see what was left : patched and unpatched are mixed there, I found a grey XAJ700418 (4.1 firmware, unpatched), but there are several other unpatched serials for the grey switch, for the blue+red I saw XAJ700432 and newer, so I wasn't sure about those ones. Consoles are advertised at 309 euros, but there were in the middle older boxes with stickers 'filmprotector inbegrepen/film de protection inclus'. Mine was from such a box, but they sell those at 329 euros.

Last edited by oleg77,

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, but without bubbles :) (factory installed)
The sales assistant didn't understand why I wanted to keep the more expensive console just for a screen protector. They don't know Fusée Gelée.

Last edited by oleg77,
Reactions: thorasgar

Soldjermon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soldjermon.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Serial: XAW700179XXXXX
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: CAN/USA
Color option: Neon
Store: Wal*Mart(BM)
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: 08/09/18
Fusée Gelée works: Sure does! *jumps for joy*

Was lucky to get one of the last unpatched ones as the patched ones are rolling out at the local Wal*Mart that's close to my home. So, I'm feeling excited. :D Yay!
I'm also not even letting it connect to the internet whatsoever and not linking my account to the device.
Though I'll miss some stuff on the eShop(like certain DLCs) and miss playing online with friends on the Switch; but it's no biggie for me, since most games that come from there I can play on my PC anyway.

Brand

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It worked!
Did it with the rcm smash gui and it was fine.
My serial is XAW100827

Thx for your big work on the serials number

Got a new Switch with the same serial. Relieved that I found your post. Not having as many doubts anymore but will update on whether mine is patched or not when I can. :)

badcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just added mine to the list...

Serial: XAW100752XXXXX
Color option: Grey
Store: Best Buy(BM)
Purchase date: 08/18/18
Fusée Gelée works: yes

Bl4ckst4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys,

thank you for this awesome Thread.
Sadly i looked up my Console and find out that the unit is patched, so i have to return it. :(

Serial: XAJ400555XXXXX
Serial on device matches serial on box: yes
Region: EUR (DE)
Color option: neon
Store: MediaMarkt DE (Offline Store)
Was a bundle (if yes, which): Switch + Mario Odyssey (seperated, not in the box)
Purchase date: 19.08.2018
Fusée Gelée works: no :(

/edit

For your Information, the testing method via TegraRcmSmash.exe showed the "Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!" error code.. not at blank (black) screen or something else :mellow:

Last edited by Bl4ckst4r,

shusai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Serial: XAJ400349XXXXX
Firmware: 4.0.1
Store: Müller (OÖ, Austria, they also had some grey ones, but with XAJ7005XX)
Was a bundle (if yes, which): no
Purchase date: Aug. 22, 2018
Fusée Gelée works: yes :D

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys,

thank you for this awesome Thread.
Sadly i looked up my Console and find out that the unit is patched, so i have to return it. :(

Serial: XAJ400555XXXXX
Region: EUR (DE)
Store: MediaMarkt DE (Offline Store)
Was a bundle (if yes, which): Switch + Mario Odyssey (seperated, not in the box)
Purchase date: 19.08.2018
Fusée Gelée works: no :(

/edit

For your Information, the testing method via TegraRcmSmash.exe showed the "Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!" error code.. not at blank (black) screen or something else :mellow:
Huh, how do you want to return it if you already opened the box? The german mediamarkt store doesn't accept opened box (except online store). Or did you really return it :o (would be interesting if it changed)

OnnRyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial:XAJ40056
Region: Europe/Portugal
Firmware: ??
Color option: Blue/Red
Store: Worten
Was a bundle: No
Purchase date: 26/08/2018
Fusée Gelée works: No

badcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nerd that I am, I'm trying to understand these serial numbers. I copied the highest that I could find in the sheet... partially by picking the highest serial and partially by picking the highest serial w/ the highest firmware (I suspect some people have made mistakes while entering their serial).

I sorted the list by serial number first and then made by best guess. Please correct me if I made a mistake!

xaw7 17900000 7900000
xaw4 12700000 2700000
xaw1 86300000 6300000
xaj7 46560000 6560000
xaj4 55500000 5500000
xaj1 27600000 7600000
xak1 5100000 100000
163460000 36660000

If we just assume all the ending number are sequential, then there would be 163M switches produced. But Nintendo has announced they've sold only 20M as of July. So that can't be right. Allright... well, if we assume the sequential numbering is in order, then we either chop off the first or last digit. If it's the last digit, then we only get to 16M switches... but more have been produced than have been sold (altho the guy at Best Buy said they were selling a ton). So I'd expect the number adding them all together to above 20M, not below.

If we chop off the left number, then we get 36M. That is high, for sure, but not completely mind blowing.

Another possibility is that they don't completely fill up the 10M before incrementing the leading number. If that were the case, I would expect to see stair steps in the graph... but I must admit, after graphing the XAW1 series (b/c it had so many examples), I'm really not sure if what I'm looking at is noise or what. :-P Thoughts?

Last edited by badcat,

Essometer

Needs data
OP
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
@badcat
I thought about this as well, and you are right that there is no way that every number from zero to the current highest serial numbers were used.
My guess is that, as you said, certain intervals were "jumped over". The idea of a sequential number makes sense in way that it is easy to understand
for everybody => the higher the serial = a newer switch = higher firmware / patched exploits.
Even if certain blocks are cut out, the pattern of where a new firmware was introduced or an exploit was patched still hold up, which is what counts.

Did you had a look into the spreadsheet? I think there is more data then in this thread, maybe this can help you to find the steps. Then again,
the sample size is tiny against the 20 million sold swtiches.

Last edited by Essometer,

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nerd that I am, I'm trying to understand these serial numbers. I copied the highest that I could find in the sheet... partially by picking the highest serial and partially by picking the highest serial w/ the highest firmware (I suspect some people have made mistakes while entering their serial).

I sorted the list by serial number first and then made by best guess. Please correct me if I made a mistake!

xaw7 17900000 7900000
xaw4 12700000 2700000
xaw1 86300000 6300000
xaj7 46560000 6560000
xaj4 55500000 5500000
xaj1 27600000 7600000
xak1 5100000 100000
163460000 36660000

If we just assume all the ending number are sequential, then there would be 163M switches produced. But Nintendo has announced they've sold only 20M as of July. So that can't be right. Allright... well, if we assume the sequential numbering is in order, then we either chop off the first or last digit. If it's the last digit, then we only get to 16M switches... but more have been produced than have been sold (altho the guy at Best Buy said they were selling a ton). So I'd expect the number adding them all together to above 20M, not below.

If we chop off the left number, then we get 36M. That is high, for sure, but not completely mind blowing.

Another possibility is that they don't completely fill up the 10M before incrementing the leading number. If that were the case, I would expect to see stair steps in the graph... but I must admit, after graphing the XAW1 series (b/c it had so many examples), I'm really not sure if what I'm looking at is noise or what. :-P Thoughts?
36 million really isn't too much. If you buy a switch with the highest serial available, you can also buy switchs with a lower serial. So every not selled but produced has to be counted. And a huge stock is to be expected

Chudy-VR5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
New
Serial:XAJ400227XXXXX
Firmware: 3.x.x
Store: Media Markt (Poland)
Was a bundle (if yes, which): Nope
Purchase date: 12 August 2018
Fusée Gelée works: YES !!!!

gwisawesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone purchased any of the refurbished Switches?
I see they are on nintendo's official ebay store: (can't post links)

Since the Fusee Gelee hasn't been patched via any software updates, I am thinking the refurbished would still be vulnerable or is it something they could patch while refurbishing?

Brand

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Serial: XAW100827*****
Firmware: 4.1.0 (Updated to 5.1.0)
Store: NewEgg
Purchase date: 08 Aug 2018
Fusée Gelée works: Yes

Another XAW100827 :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [cricket sounds]
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    WII U error 105-4069
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?
    [louder cricket sounds]
  • SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor:
    What's up bakaz
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Imagine that. Leo is still active on site.
    Sorry, not sorry. But the guy creates his own chaos and I don't believe most everything he has to say about his situations. He has a criminal record and its common for people with those to play the victim to everyone.
    +1
    Constantly on web forums complaining about how wronged they have been, instead of taking action and finding actual solutions. Comfortable chaos.
    +2
    As He himself even stated.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I don't care what you think is "common". I *have* been genuinly wronged.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @AncientBoi I'm going to outright block you now.
    Pffffft sending me a PM stating we're all a bunch a mean azzholes :creep:. Same here DUDE :angry:
    How SAD you are. So SAD you'll stay ☹️
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth
    Leo, please seek professional mental health help. its not a knock on you. I suffer from mental illness too. You need some help, man.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    ^ that's some honest internet advise
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    No...I need help to resolve this situation. MOTHERFUCKER
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    putting me into a shrink is not going to help anyone but *THEM*
    Poor Leo. Everyone out to harm you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes see? the fault is within you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Same here, I struggle too. Its highly suggested to maybe take a break from the site just to calm down.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and ones like yuou
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so leave me alone and stop sending me pms
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: so leave me alone and stop sending me pms