Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

R3PTIL3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Serial: XAJ700089xxxxx
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: EUR
Firmware: 2.2.0
Color option: Neon Blue/Pink
Store: Mediamarkt(DE)
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date:16/03/2018

Last edited by R3PTIL3,
Reactions: bomigoton

heiro001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial: XAW700072*****
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: USA
Firmware: 3.0.0
Color option: Grey
Store: Ebay Seller
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: Mar 9, 2018

Last edited by heiro001,
Reactions: Rauliki

Kilimbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm about to pull the trigger on a XAW700096...
According to the list on the first page, it could be 3.0.0 or 2.3.0, but I've read that it might be a gamble.... Should I get it?

Last edited by Kilimbi,

Kilimbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'd go as far as saying its very very likely that it's 3.0 or under. I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I'm a bit hesitant due to the spreadsheet entry of XAW7000928XXXX... It is also on JBHIFI store and that's a 3.0.2.
I'll try to snipe something over the week and if I don't see anything better I might give it a shot.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit hesitant due to the spreadsheet entry of XAW7000928XXXX... It is also on JBHIFI store and that's a 3.0.2.
I'll try to snipe something over the week and if I don't see anything better I might give it a shot.
Sorry, I read that as XAJ and not XAW. Yeah, in your case its risky.

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
XAW 10010115
Bought 15th March 2018
Amazon Usa
Grey
Firmware 1.0

weird find actually must have struck a lucky one luying around in the warehouse

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The odds were obviously not in your favour, but I reckon places like Amazon with large inventories will probably be more likely to have the low FW ones lurking around. For example where I work, its a relatively small retail store in a kinda remote area, and we only hold 4 Switch consoles in stock at any one time. We don't order any more until all 4 are sold, and then we bring in another 3-4. This almost guarantees that we'll always have new consoles in at all times.
I'd imagine a place like Amazon might hold dozens at any one time, and would probably restock long before they completely sell out. Meaning they probably have early batch consoles lurking around at the back of the pile while the front of the pile is constantly rotating and restocked.

Reactions: Xandroz

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
yea that is what happened i ordered 2 one was 1.0 and the other was 4

got lucky there actually and the funny thing my order was for 2 red and they sent me a grey one with 1.0 instead

ALsf2

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.
I think I have found a 3.0 in a store. XAJ400183 (Neon)
But I would like to have your opinion. Is it really worth to have 2 Switch? 1 with the last update and 1 for homebrews?
Mine is on 4.1.0

Last edited by ALsf2,

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
I think I have found a 3.0 in a store. XAJ400183 (Neon)
But I would like to have your opinion. Is it really worth to have 2 Switch? 1 with the last update and 1 for homebrews?
Mine is on 4.1.0
I asked myself the same question and I think what it comes down to is this. Right now it is not worth it. There's hardly any homebrew apps, loaders, etc available. And I'd bet the moment you get this, it will probably gather dust until the homebrew scene starts to pick up.
But what's important is that it will (or at least should) be worth it in the future, so you need to look at this as sort of an investment. As far as we know, it might become more difficult to get a exploitable 2nd Switch as time goes on, so getting one now while you can might be for the best.
For all we know, the next exploit might require a specific FW version, that might require a specific game, which might shoot up in price as the demand rises. All we know is that there's a future exploit coming, but we have no idea what it will cost us.

And also you have to consider how valuable Nintendo's services are to you. I only have one Wii U but mines was hacked as I felt the game library, online features, etc weren't good enough for me to feel I need to protect my main account and go "legit" whilst using a 2nd console for hacking. Where as on the Switch, I feel like this is a far more popular console, there's a more promising library of games ahead of us, plus there's going to be a paid online subscription. All of which I want to protect and not compromise by hacking my Switch console. So I'd rather keep a 2nd Switch for homebrew whilst still enjoying online Smash Bros, Pokemon, etc in the future on my main "legit" Switch.

Reactions: ALsf2

PCityPaul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys quick question, I'm going to buy an unopened switch from August 2017. The seller told me the serial number is xaw100153 what are the chances that it's 3.0.0 or lower?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night