Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

b_dasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a quick question. Are we sure that the current definition of the numbers/letters in the serial numbers is correct because some serial numbers would indicate that well over 20 million Nintendo Switches were produced.

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Skipping of thousands/millions maybe the case.
Also, the numeric serial is probably shared by the assembly lines.

The important thing is that checking the data relatively for each assembly line works.

Last edited by CTCaer,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question. Are we sure that the current definition of the numbers/letters in the serial numbers is correct because some serial numbers would indicate that well over 20 million Nintendo Switches were produced.
If it's like the Wii Mini, only 1 in 9 serial numbers is valid

Heatran5400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a new switch today after selling a used one (when I bought the used one 2 days back, it had firmware 3.0.1) at gamestop. Got firmware 3.0.0 with serial code beginning with XAW400022

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Serial: XAW100006 (Obviously im not going to put all the serial code, only the important part)
Firmware: 1.0.0
Purchase date: 3/3/2017
Region: America

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also neon

Store: Microplay(Official Nintendo reseller)

MatMaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Getting another Switch tomorrow (for updating and new games), commenting here to remind myself to add the serial here when I get it

Reactions: 8BitWonder

MatMaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay my new Switch is also a Neon one from Amazon.co.uk. Came on 2.3.0 again and its serial is XAJ700113.

Means I can keep the new one for Homebrew and update the one that already has my Zelda save, Mario Kart save and Mii on it

Preem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems like the lower firmware in Bestbuy might be becoming slim. I was able to purchase one with 2.3.0 about 3 weeks ago and now another one that my cousin purchased at the exact same location is on 3.0.0.

My switch:
Serial: XAW10019
Region: USA
Firmware: 2.3.0
System Color: Gray
Store: Best Buy
Purchase Date: 8/27/17

Cousin's switch:
Serial: XAW400023
Region: USA
Firmware: 3.0.0
System Color: Neon
Store: Best Buy
Purchase Date: 9/21/17

On a side note, I put a hold on another switch at a GameStop and called in to ask for the version number. Unfortunately they were not able to provide me the exact number but he was able to confirm that it is higher than 400023. So it may be that GameStop and BestBuy consoles are currently at 3.0.0. Once the new batches of consoles with Mario Odyssey are released then there is a high probability that the firmware will be at 3.0.1 or greater.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to pre order the Super Mario Odyssey bundle, would that come on a low firmware or would it come on 3.0.1 and up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4