Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Serial: XAJ400552XXXX
Serial on device matches serial on box: No
Region: Europe
Firmware: Current 9.2.0, out-of-the-box : idk
Color option: Red & blue neon
Store: England
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: 2019
Fusée Gelée works: No , as it's patched

musclecups

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, as long as the serial number is in the green section, it's hack-able, regardless of software updates? Say if I found one "refurbished" at a "GameStop?"

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, as long as the serial number is in the green section, it's hack-able, regardless of software updates? Say if I found one "refurbished" at a "GameStop?"
Refurbished should still be good, as long as it wasn't refurbished by the big N. If you buy a refurb, check to make sure that the serial on the console match the one found in System Settings, just to make sure they didn't case swap.

jw888

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi opp
Is this switch mod'able?
Serial: XAW7000270XXXX
Serial on device matches serial on box: yes
Firmware: Current 9.2.0
Color option: Grey
Store: canada
Purchase date: N/A

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi opp
Is this switch mod'able?
Region: canada

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Hi opp
Is this switch mod'able?

If you look on the first page, you should know it. Your sn is safe.

Attachments

• 1570394301649.png
    1570394301649.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: Alexander1970

jw888

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you look on the first page, you should know it. Your sn is safe.

Thanks for verifying, Sorry I should have caught that, was checking for a friend

One last question - If I have the xecuter pro mod could I test it out on his switch or is it tied to my switch only

ho_on

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My serial number is XAW 7002185 i believe its on the orange region

So what decides the patched ones and unpatched ones?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
My serial number is XAW 7002185 i believe its on the orange region

So what decides the patched ones and unpatched ones?
The unpatched units have a flaw in the bootrom. Means, they can handle with all existing payloads. That means you can execute unsigned code before the hos is loaded. This is the reason why units like this are unpatchable through a firmware update (bootrom=read only memory) except you send them to nintendo (which no one does i think). And patched units gives you a blackscreen because the bootrom were patched in 2018. The only way to boot a cfw on a patched unit is pegascape (or whatever the name is). But this requires firmware 4.1.0 - 7.0.1. And by the way...the only way to make 100% sure if your unit is patched or not, is, to send a payload. If your screen stays black your unit is definitely patched. I hope i described it correctly.

ho_on

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The unpatched units have a flaw in the bootrom. Means, they can handle with all existing payloads. That means you can execute unsigned code before the hos is loaded. This is the reason why units like this are unpatchable through a firmware update (bootrom=read only memory) except you send them to nintendo (which no one does i think). And patched units gives you a blackscreen because the bootrom were patched in 2018. The only way to boot a cfw on a patched unit is pegascape (or whatever the name is). But this requires firmware 4.1.0 - 7.0.1. And by the way...the only way to make 100% sure if your unit is patched or not, is, to send a payload. If your screen stays black your unit is definitely patched. I hope i described it correctly.

Im noob in this kind of area so im little furious but I guess i have to try it to find out lol

Another question, even it shows the black screen, will my switch be playable? Or will it just stay black forever?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Im noob in this kind of area so im little furious but I guess i have to try it to find out lol

Another question, even it shows the black screen, will my switch be playable? Or will it just stay black forever?
The black screen means (for the case you sent already a payload) your unit is definitely patched. And yes your unit is usable. Hold the power button for ~12 seconds. You should sell the patched thing and buy an unpatched one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: That 1600 watt PSU for 200 is tempting but crazy overkill lol