Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Essometer, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Thelvyn

Thelvyn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2016
    Is there a typo somewhere then? - the serial I'm looking at is a 7000 - the post seems to think anything up to 7004 is fine?
    Looking at the spreadsheet the one I saw was also 7000 but indicated patched.

2. Essometer
    OP

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    Oh, I overlooked a zero in your post, sorry. Anyway, there is no way that a XAJ0004 is patched. I’m pretty sure that the guy who posted the number into the spreadsheet made a typo.

3. Thelvyn

Thelvyn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2016
    Thanks, will consider it safe then.

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Do explain what it means to be possibly thirsty :P

5. BonzaiU

BonzaiU Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2019
    France
    Hi,
    searching for 2 days as I can get one XAJ4005061xxxx, but it seems to be possibly patched,
    even if I have seen here that some XAJ40050xxxx are not patched, so OK confirms the 50/50 ratio maybe,
    BUT on some sites the XAJ40052x are the limit, and on some others, the XAJ40050x are SAFE, so exactly on the borded and maybe too optimistic...and I can not run the jig+test as the guy selling it does not want to take a risk to fire it with DIY wire (I understand him).

do someone have had XAJ40050x that has been patched, please? as I've seen some not patched here (but probably those XAJ40050xxxx guys are proud and communicate on this ;-) )
    this one is bought here in France, december 2018, so a little bit late for the XAJ40050xxxx but why not (other people her France from december are more on XAJ40055xxxx at on
    THANKS A LOT anyway reading all those 175 pages ;-)

6. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2006
    Canada
    Inside My Head...
    XAW10077960*** not patched .

7. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    So I just want to be clear, XAW10100 is safe to buy, correct? I went to another site that said it wasn't, and just wanted to verify. Thank you.

8. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You are two digit short, possibly patched.

Last edited by Hayato213, Jun 12, 2019
  9. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States

XAW1010075. I think I see how it works now, and it seems to be patched.

10. blitzkreiig

blitzkreiig Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    India
    Is it safe to buy an unpatched model (XAW10056XXXXX) but with firmware 8.0.1 if i want to try out CFW.

11. Essometer
    OP

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    Yes.

12. ROYGES

ROYGES Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    I bought a Switch today and apparently, it is unpatched :hrth:
    it is below Serial XAW10075000000 and it's Firmware 4.1.0

Last edited by ROYGES, Jun 14, 2019
    anhyeuviolet likes this.
  13. -Salty-

-Salty- Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2019
    Canada
    Any tips to finding un-patched units? I've been looking all over eBay, but no luck so far. I would try Craigslist but don't want to take a risk with so much money. Would stores still be carrying them in stock? Thanks

Edit: Should have probably mentioned I’m in Canada

Last edited by -Salty-, Jun 15, 2019
  14. lemonadess

lemonadess Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2008
    Where do you live? I live in the US and there are a few sellers who sell hackable switch.
    I personally bought one from this user on ebay just one week ago: greatlakespawn. He uploads the serial number of the switch as well, so you would know which one is hackable.
    My switch arrived in great quality, no scratches on screen, the back had some scratches but that did not bother me.

Here's a link to one of his Switch that you can bid: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-S...m4697412db2:g:Yx0AAOSwnRpc9ZBs&frcectupt=true

15. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Just curious how is a 1009 serial number a warning, shouldn’t the numbers around 1000 be safe.
    My switch is 7000 and it’s safe, not sure if my switch is safe because I possibly shared my serial for it to be reported as safe, can’t remember if I shared on this thread. I would think since my number started around 7000, it was like the 7000th switch made.

16. Essometer
    OP

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    This has been discussed to death in this thread. The FAQ should give you an explanation for why this isn’t the case.

Draxzelex likes this.
  17. PhiferWolf

PhiferWolf Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2007
    United States
    I am looking to get my first Switch soon. Gamestops in my area are willing to help me by looking up the serial numbers, so I have some hopes that it'll work out for me. I do have some questions before going forward with this.
    1. Is there anything I should not do while owning this Switch? ie. update, patch, etc.
    2. When new games come out and the console requests an update for the game, is this something i must do?

18. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    1. Make a NAND backup before you do anything else. If your Switch is unpatched, then it is forever exploitable. You should always check that CFW is compatible with a particular system version before updating the system. If you're going to be using homebrew, and especially if you're going to be pirating games, it is recommended that you stay offline. If that's unacceptable, do all of your hacking on an offline emuNAND.
    2. Game updates are fine. With system updates, you should always check to make sure CFW is compatible before updating.

19. PhiferWolf

PhiferWolf Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2007
    United States
    I'm sorry, acronyms are hard for me. NAND? CFW?
    I'm only looking to pkhex / inject pokemon such as Melmetal and SwSh pokemon. I'm not looking to do anything crazy. Basically, my system can never go online for online play?

20. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If all you're looking to do is use PKHex, then you should do the following:
    1. Use Hekate to backup your NAND before doing anything else. Your NAND, in a nutshell, is your system files.
    2. Use Atmosphere to load homebrew like Checkpoint, which backs up and restores save files to the SD card.
    That should be all you need to worry about. As of this post, Atmosphere is compatible with all Switch versions (1.0.0-8.0.1) if your Switch is unpatched. You should check that Atmosphere is compatible with future versions before updating your system.

The use of custom firmwares like Atmosphere comes with a ban risk. You are less likely to get banned if you're not pirating games, and you will probably be okay if all you're doing is using homebrew like Checkpoint while disconnected from the internet, but the risk is not 0% if you plan on going online.

Alternatively, you could go online with a clean sysNAND and do all of your hacking on an offline emuNAND. An emuNAND/emuMMC is when you boot a copy of your NAND without touching your normal system.

Last edited by Lacius, Jun 16, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted