1. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    For what it's worth, contact the magazine staff, not the moderation team. Myself, Thug, or Scarlet would love to cover any homebrew that comes about. My inbox is always open, and even if it's a smaller project and not fit for the front page, I can cover it in my this week in gaming articles.
    No one is paying anything. This is the most ridiculous/delusional claim. Rei/Reiswitched will PM me from time to time to say "hey our homebrew thing is getting an update, mind if you post an article about it?" and then we do. That's all there is to it. If any other dev asked and had a project to show off, we'd do the same. I had no hand in promoting this specific application to the front page, and I feel it better shoulda fit in a roundup thread, but it hurts no one to have this on the front page.

2. Crusatyr

Crusatyr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for clarifying Chary. Sorry about dragging mods into this, I thought y'all were one in the same.

Chary likes this.
  3. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

Australia
    oh fuck we've been rustled
    Alright, you win. Yes, we are paying GBATemp to get on the front page. I didn't think anyone would be clever or handsome enough to figure it out, but you've done it! We are... defeated. Curse you, @s-arash! CURSE YOU!

somethingsomething woulda gotten away with it too if it weren't for somethingsomething

8BitWonder likes this.
  4. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    are you a Japanese school girl?

ExploitJunkie likes this.
  5. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

Australia
    are you a white mars symbol

6. SnAQ

SnAQ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

That has to be the most idiotic name ever.

I HATE the whole "bae" thing, now you know my feelings.

Brawl345 likes this.
  7. s-arash

s-arash GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i don't like reinx but really missed your stashes
    you are wasting your time in this fake team by cursing others (aka shitposting)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  8. jaysea

jaysea GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I think I am doing something wrong?
    I have converted an xci to nsp and it created a file with a correct name. Though when I load it in the sx-os installer menu, the icon is blank and it says unknown application v0.
    When installing it gives an error: ERROR: Could not read NSP.
    What am I doing wrong?

9. roothorick

OP roothorick Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Try it with Tinfoil instead. Who knows what SX's mess is expecting.

10. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

United States
    I converted my physical library to nsp earlier this week with 4nxci, and I know that none of them have embedded updates.

I plan to switch to this tool (awesome job with it!), but I'm curious;
    Is there any benefit to getting rid of the nsps I made earlier this week with 4nxci and then reconverting them with this?
    Or, would it just be better to stick with the nsps I've made up to this point and do all future conversions with this tool?

11. Keezie

Keezie Member
    Newcomer

United States
    as someone who just hacked their switch today, I sincerely thank you for this. Converting has been the most annoying part of this whole process, and your program being able to batch convert (AND RENAME) these files has made my day

I like the idea of standardizing the keys file location, but I think you should also give folks the option to just throw it in the folder. Especially since creating a folder named .switch is trickier than it should be.

For those that had trouble doing so, just create a folder named .switch. (must have the second dot) and windows will automatically remove the second dot and create your folder as intended. This is by far the easiest method

Sorry the comments here have devolved into such bitchery, just know that folks like me are out here that appreciate your work

edit: after successfully batch converting all of my files and installing them with Tinfoil, none of the converted games work. After clicking each game it gives me an error "unable to start software". When verifying the nsp files in Tinfoil they all fail

Has anyone had any success playing games converted using this program?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  12. ReikaRin

ReikaRin GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    my converted nsp failed to start using this converter. Using nsp verify within tinfoil software, 'cnmt xml is absent', but not with 4nxci.
    any solution ?

13. roothorick

OP roothorick Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The XML is irrelevant and not actually used for anything. That part of the verification IIRC is about checking that an eShop rip is "proper". Obviously that whole concept doesn't apply here ;)

Current 4NXCI goes the extra mile to avoid the need for an extra signature patch that isn't in Hekate specifically for whatever reason; everything else has it. Due to how dedbae xci2nsp works internally, implementing that workaround is quite a bit more complex than it would be normally. I think it'd be better to just have that patch anyway, and I intend to look into why it never made it into Hekate.

HiD and ReikaRin like this.
  14. jaysea

jaysea GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Thanks it did work though Tinfoil says it is incomplete as to be expected since it misses the key and other encrypted stuff.

15. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    I'm gonna take the way this question keeps getting studiously ignored as a solid "no".

16. ReikaRin

ReikaRin GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    ok that solve my problem, thanks ^_^

17. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    So this should fly on my RAMdisk then, ye?

18. FightingPolygon

FightingPolygon Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello. I can't find the path C:/Users/[Username]/.switch nor can I make a folder named .switch to put the prod.keys in. Can anyone help me?

19. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Dust2#9629

Australia
    I get that some things aren't exactly convenient for end users, but calling this "shit" just because you don't know how to use it is just bottom of the barrel immaturity.

Keep up the great work, boys.

Akzar likes this.
  20. HiD

HiD Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    i might add it to dOPUS if the missing patch in hekate gets sorted out. At the moment my implementation is based on 4NXCI

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - converter, homebrew, releases