Switch Homebrew Bounty Month 3: and the winners are...

hbb2018_sml.png

The GBAtemp Homebrew Bounty is a massive competition that aims to boost the Switch homebrew scene by giving rewards to a selection of the best homebrew projects. This third month, we reward Switch emulators, that is to say, emulators that run natively on the Switch to emulate other consoles, or emulators that run on PC to emulate the Switch. There are 4 categories in total.

The voting process is twofold: the staff gets to vote, and some members can vote too (in separate threads). We only allowed patrons to vote in order to limit possible fraud, and also to reward them for supporting us. We've just counted the votes. And the winners are...

Month 3 - Winners

PRIZE #1: $1,000 (USD) reward
Mupen64plus Next
, by @m4xw

PRIZE #2: $500 (USD) reward
MelonDS,
by @Hydr8gon

PRIZE #3: $300 (USD) reward
NoiES,
by @Hydr8gon

PRIZE #4: $150 (USD) reward
pSNES,
by @cpasjuste

PRIZE #5: $50 (USD) reward
uae4all2,
by @rsn8887

To the 5 winners: I will be sending you a private message individually in the coming days, stay tuned.

Please remember that the judges voted not only based on the application itself, but also, for existing applications, whether the application received a significant update for the occasion.

Sponsors

Half of this sum is generously donated by yours truly, GBAtemp!
Thanks to ad revenue and to our Patreon backers, GBAtemp is the biggest donator.
The other half comes from our generous sponsors as listed below.

0.jpg

MOD3DSCARD.COM
Buy flashcard to mod 3DS and Switch | Team Xecuter SX | Sky3ds+ | Stargate 3DS | R4 3DS - mod3dscard

axiogame.png

AXIOGAME.COM
Axiogame | Backup Units, Modchips and more

sxossmall.jpg

And let's not forget Team Xecuter who made a very generous donation too.

Member donations

The bounty isn't only about sponsor companies: you, beloved members of our community (and even guests) can contribute too! If you want to make a donation, simply click the button below to send a payment to our Paypal. Needless to say, 100% of the amount we receive will be transfered to the authors of winning projects.
PayPal-Donate-Button-PNG-HD.png
What's next? We will start the 4th month in the coming days. I hope you've all been working hard on your Switch game projects, it's almost time to submit.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Amazing! I didn't expect my little ol' projects to do so well! :D @StapleButter will be getting half of the melonDS prize at least, hopefully it will serve as good motivation to continue work on the hardware renderer. As for me, I have some things in the works for both melonDS and NoiES, and maybe I'll start looking into writing a SNES (or N64 if I'm feeling really spicy!) emulator sometime in the future. Regardless, this certainly helps a lot! Thanks to everyone who made this bounty possible, and everyone who submitted projects, this community is fantasic! :yayswitch:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A full list with all entries and links to the projects would be nice. I is quite a hussle to search trough all the posts
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Switch_Homebrew_Bounty#Category_3_-_Emulators

I didn't update the result yet, but the full entry list and project links are there.
Not a lot of people use the Wiki but I spend a lot of time to maintain it and add all existing homebrew projects and lot of information (for nobody to read :cry: )

was it too late to enter ppsspp or did they just forget to do it?
it was a month late. Too bad, I'm sure it would have got a nice reward if it entered the bounty.

Congrats to all participant!
I'm waiting for the game bounty now, I wondered if developers already worked on it and kept their project until now. I hope we will get a lot of new and creative games, not only ports. also I added some $ to the bounty for extra encouragement.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.