United States
Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: AutumnWolf

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
it would have helped if they made more consoles at launch.
I was wandering just that. They were moaning about the fact they only sold, was it? 800,000 units only in the uk on release date, no where near the amount of PS4's or XboxOne's, they would of sold a lot more, and probably more than PS's & Xbox's, if they had kept up with the demand that was wanted for!. Everyone had literally sold out of pre-ordered units like nearly a month before the actual release date! so why are they comparing when the figures are touching 1.9mill near the end of March, it doesn't make sense? I would of thought shifting 1.5million units into just 12 days of release is bloody good going. I didn't see the unit advertised on the tv much but for Reggie Fils & Shigeru Miyamoto going around doing there party acts on tv episodes was quite entertaining and done way better than previous consoles in my opinion..

Last edited by Reecey,

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I mean it's good, but the Wii u sold 3.06 million units in the first month, so it looks like the first month sales are going to be roughly the same.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Is... is this good? How does this compare to other consoles?
It's pretty much around the same number the PS4 and the XBOne sold during their first week, so it's pretty good. I think the XBone was at around 1-1.5 mil in it's first week, and the PS4 was 2 mil or so in it's first week thanks to that whole "1 million sales in 24 hours" thing. So it's basically smack dab in the middle, which is nice.

Reactions: WiiuGold

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When a new Console is released everyone wants to be the first cool kid who got it so it is just normal that there are lots of units sold in the beginning ...
I think the more impoartant time will be after the first 2-3 month ! If there are still people who want to buy it than it could be good for nintendo, but if most people are either pissed because of problems or missing games by this time it could become a disaster.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean it's good, but the Wii u sold 3.06 million units in the first month, so it looks like the first month sales are going to be roughly the same.

I only gave it a quick googling but I dunno where that figure came from. It sounds like the Wii U didn't sell anywhere near that amount worldwide in the first month. Its launch was 'okay', followed by steadily worsening sales until it died off like 2 years ago.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next shipment for the switch is MARCH 31 to a lot of stores. Nintendo said !
Yea i posted that somewhere. Gamestop email me on the 5 or 6th. Saying they got a $600 bundle due to ship by 4/12/17 then the next day that change to 3/30.

It seems like a long wait but not really. After this shipment they should be fully stock in stores getting them in weekly. MK8 is coming out and Nintendo knows they will need systems.

And speaking of MK8 gamestop website says there sold out. Makes no sense.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is... is this good? How does this compare to other consoles?
not as good.

also nintendo dont count when comparing last console sales is that this has to compete against wii u and 3ds sales combined.

with the switch been both a home console and portable.

i showed figures of UK which back then were far from anything the wii u + 3DS did, and someone picked at that figure had increased a measly 5K since i looked, which still in the UK falls short and nothing near its rivals.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I only gave it a quick googling but I dunno where that figure came from. It sounds like the Wii U didn't sell anywhere near that amount worldwide in the first month. Its launch was 'okay'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U

CTRL + F : "Sales", look at the charts.

followed by steadily worsening sales until it died off like 2 years ago.

Which is my point exactly, the launch is purely hype, we can't base success simply on launch sales.

Last edited by Ra1d,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...