Switch from Gateway to CFW?. What is best CFW for n3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pecrow, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Hi everyone! I am a bit tired of having my n3ds's battery last half when using the gateway chip and have been looking into possibly switching to a CFW. I have used pasta cfw and after having an emunand to mess with I am a bit hesitant to using pasta cfw as it works directly with sysnand and I would prefer something that uses an emunand similar to gateway.

I have a Jap n3ds *not xl* running 9.2fw.

I think the most promising one I have been able to find is rxtools but I am not sure what benefits or options are available with rxtools on a n3ds. Does rxtool have an emunand as well like gateway? I am also having a hard time finding a guide for rxtools on a n3ds.

I have seen a lot of news recently on 10.3 kernel access and gateway is also promising support on upto 10.3 (I would assume that also includes emunand 10.3) so I am unsure since I already have gateway if I should move to cfw or not. Battery time is annoying but If it is worth the stay I could carry a power bank, etc.

I am looking for some honest opinions from very patient people that would like to share and possibly give some pros/cons to the subjects above.

Thank you all for your time in advance.

Last edited by Pecrow, Jan 4, 2016
  2. cynosura

cynosura GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2015
    France
    Bed
    There is another section about Flashcard and CFW, post here

3. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    OMG you are right, is there a way to move this post?

--Edit--
    If someone could remove this, Ill repost in correct category

Last edited by Pecrow, Jan 4, 2016
    cynosura likes this.