Hardware Switch from EU/US to JP on OFW? [3DS]

Aldoria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I have CFW but if we find a way to switch from EU/US to JP then we have free CFW on latest firmware

Or maybe there is an homebrew app on 11.6 that allow us to browse the JP eShop catalog on OFW ?

Last edited by Aldoria,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have CFW but if we find a way to switch from EU/US to JP then we have free CFW on latest firmware

Or maybe there is an homebrew app on 11.6 that allow us to browse the JP eShop catalog on OFW ?

You can't access out of region eShop on open firmware.

You can with CFW by region changing.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing

This is unwise as you can end up locking your 3DS to a single region. I forget the exact moment this happens if it's by tied NNID or making a Mii profile.

Reactions: Aldoria

Aldoria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't access out of region eShop on open firmware.

You can with CFW by region changing.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing

This is unwise as you can end up locking your 3DS to a single region. I forget the exact moment this happens if it's by tied NNID or making a Mii profile.
I know it's possible with CFW, I just wanted to know if there's a way on ofw, thanks ^^

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's possible with CFW, I just wanted to know if there's a way on ofw, thanks ^^

That's a negative, ghost rider. No can do.

The only way to get a native EUR 3DS with JPN eShop on OFW is to first install CFW, do region changer, register 3DS to be region locked in JPN, and then uninstalling CFW. Ta da!

Reactions: Aldoria

Aldoria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's a negative, ghost rider. No can do.

The only way to get a native EUR 3DS with JPN eShop on OFW is to first install CFW, do region changer, register 3DS to be region locked in JPN, and then uninstalling CFW. Ta da!
I'm not even sure we can uninstall cfw

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is theoretically possible to run a region-changed system without CFW, as long as the SecureInfo_A with the new region is signed (not edited, but rather copied from a console officially of the desired region)... not that there are too many practical advantages, though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt