Switch firmware update 8.1.0 out now

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    I updated my OFW to 8.1.0 and kept my emuNAND on 8.0.1. I can only boot emuNAND because I have autoRCM on and I guess you can’t boot OFW from SX OS menu, you’ll have to boot it normally. No big deal I’ll just wait for an update, but if you use autoRCM with SX OS don’t update.

Last edited by Powerful, Jun 19, 2019
  2. switch_bricker

switch_bricker Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Austria
    With so much stability for an improved user experience, the thing can probably now balance with 2 per mil on a wire rope.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
  4. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    @SciresM did his magic and has AMS working on 8.1 so we just need to wait to one more June 15

5. KnightRiderX420

KnightRiderX420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    .1 quick question I got a hackable unit from rac it was used but in prestine condition. so worth it totally as they must be getting scarce and its the third one ive gotten from them all came hackable the first 2 were brand new as they get old stock and rent them out as new. at least for the time being its been a good venture for me and my crew. its more money yes but ebay is getting pricey and you never realy know with them. bottom line is this latest one came with 7.0 it still wasn't banned so I flashed it made a nand backup then updated tov 8.0.1 and turned on incognito. to test the "not banned status I removed incognito and linked an account. I was able to both use gamecarts snd browse the eshop so I then unliked my account and flashed it agaian and reinabled incognito. if I update ity as if it was a banned switch using known method. every time from now on will my fuses stay working up to the firmware I got in on which was 7.0? going lower on a downgrade I know can still be done but I would have to use my xkit dongle to boot it cold. so I wont I am just cirious if I update using char..... from now on will my fuses after 7.0 still be intacked so if I do a nand restore it will boot np. I don't think I will ever need to downgrade but just in case I heard a lot abot effuses and how once there blown downgrade gets messed up.... any input ??????

Last edited by KnightRiderX420, Jun 19, 2019
  6. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I’m having trouble figuring out what your question is because it’s buried in a mountain of unrelated rambling.

Can you ask your question more clearly?

7. SquidGuy

SquidGuy GBAtemp's official killer

Jan 1, 2017
    Poland
    Morioh Town
    Oh boy, Nintendo good job on the update!1!!1!11!

8. KnightRiderX420

KnightRiderX420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    will my effuses that are good in 7.0 after using chor update method on a switch that isn't banned but incognito mode to 8.1 after keys are public blow my fuses for 7 so I wont be able to use a nand backup if I have to

9. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    WhiteMaze is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 16, 2013
    Portugal
    That's cute. The 3DS's stability is legendary. It's the black hole of the Nintendoverse.

Nothing can escape the 3DS's stable pull. Not even light.

Jets of gaming code can be seen being fired from it's poles, as Gama code energy.

If you cross the 3DS's event horizon, you can never escape. Everything will become stable in an infinitesimally small point, known only as a stablearity.

Mario119 likes this.
  10. KryptonicX

KryptonicX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    I didn't exactly "accidentally" upgrade but was sorta tricked. I decided to use a much larger sd card so I could add more to my Switch. When I put the new card in the Switch and turned it on, a message said "To use this larger card you must do an update." And you know what happened after that. Now I am sitting here with 8.1.0

11. Specced9

Specced9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    Finland
  12. Manurocker95

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
  13. KlausVander

KlausVander Suspended

Suspended
    Feb 5, 2018
    Brazil
    After I installed atmosphere 0.9.1 in the fw 8.1.0 I'm getting the error "Could not start software. Please try again from the HOME Menu" when I try to execute any game

14. nerodevil

nerodevil Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2019
    Algeria
    someone help me , i downgraded from 8.1.0 to 7.0.0 without making nand backup using ChoiDujourNX , now switch cant boot up , can it be fixed ? or is it gone forever ? if there is a fix can someone pm the fix or tell me how to fix it ? i cant even access safe mode

15. nerodevil

nerodevil Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2019
    Algeria
    rinex and hecate cant boot it , i guess its over :'(

16. goncalodoom

goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    portugal
    I think we need to wait for hekate next update since the latest release isn't compatible with 8.1.0 and won't boot cfw.

michelb and KlausVander like this.
  17. Manurocker95

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    They are non legit games, right?

If so, wait for ES and FS patches

KlausVander likes this.
  18. dulichviet

dulichviet Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Follow me, Since Mario maker 2 is being released no one should really be surprised at this. I was expecting it a litter closer to the 28th though.

19. KuroTheBang

KuroTheBang GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2014
    Gambia, The
    "nEw FiRmWaRe HaS mOrE sTaBiLiTy uPdAtE pLiZ" - Furukawa

20. sh0wst0pper

sh0wst0pper Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I'm using autoxbins but im getting a permission error when i am trying to download 8.1.0 (all the others download fine). Anyone else had this issue or have any pointers on where i could get it?