Switch firmware update 10.0.0 released, adds button remapping, allows you to move game data to SD

switch.jpg

A system software update is available, would you like to update now? Nintendo put out a new firmware version for the Nintendo Switch today, adding a bit more than the typical stability we're used to. Version 10.0.0 brings some new features to the system, including the ability to remap your controllers and save custom layouts for Joy-Cons, Switch Pro Controllers, and the Switch Lite buttons. There's also a new section in the system settings that lets you toggle displaying your play data to others, or deleting it outright. Those that want to spice up their profile icons can do so, with six new Animal Crossing: New Horizons images that have been added. Another useful feature in 10.0.0 also allows users to transfer games from their system storage to a micro SD card, or the other way around. This works for game data, updates, and DLC, but it does not work for transferring save files to an SD.

Ver. 10.0.0 (Released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.

• A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
  • An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
  • News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.

Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.

• Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
  • Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.

Added an option to remap the controller buttons.

• Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
  • Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
    • Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
    • Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
    • This feature is not available for other controllers.
    • On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.

Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.

• The options for "Display play activity to:" and "Delete Play Activity" have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.

Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.

• Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

EDIT: Atmosphere users can expect a new update by the end of today.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Won't let me update. This is smash bros joker update patch all over again. :blink:
Servers are slammed since everybody is home and they're all trying to update at the same time.

If this lets me remap the dpad of 8bitdo's SF30Pro to movement in Smash, I'm going to be so damn happy. Switch recognizes it as a Pro Controller, so it might be possible.

Last edited by Xzi,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Servers are slammed since everybody is home and they're all trying to update at the same time.

If this lets me remap the dpad of 8bitdo's SF30Pro to movement in Smash, I'm going to be so damn happy.
I had no problems on both my Switch's

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If this lets me remap the dpad of 8bitdo's SF30Pro to movement in Smash, I'm going to be so damn happy.
Not sure if it will go that far. Your movement will be pretty limited, because a Digital pad lacks precise angles the analog supposed to have, especially if the games do have them "pressure sensitive" motion and not just "fake digital" like some emulators, or fighting games do.:unsure:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it will go that far. Your movement will be pretty limited, because a Digital pad lacks precise angles the analog supposed to have, especially if the games do have them "pressure sensitive" motion and not just "fake digital" like some emulators, or fighting games do.:unsure:
Hopefully I won't have to wait too long to find out.

Reactions: astrocapsule

Cheatsalot123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if you are being sarcastic but It would be useful for people who play on the dock mostly and keep your top games on sd card for when you do go out with your switch and transfer games back and forth 1tb hdd $50 vs $300 for mirco sd card that is one TB not to mention up 8tb hdd could future proof the switch only supports up to 2tb mirco sd I know the argument you can delete stuff but internet is limited so redownloading can be a pain when having a option to keep it available at all times it just cost effective to have external hdd vs multiple mirco sd cards if possible why not have the option for thumb drives and external hdd.
YYppupu
That be stupid walking around with a HDD dangling off your switch

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So never play it portable?

I don't play it portable, a lot of people don't, so what if I don't? Why limit users to expensive SD cards? 400 GB and 1 TB cards are expensive as hell. I'm sorry that I don't like portable gaming that much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!