Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

hitodesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial: XAW100631*****
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: North America
Firmware: 4.1.0
Color option: Grey
Store: Best buy (online)
Was a bundle: No
Purchase date: Sometime last month

Sorry I can't be more precise about the purchase date. Let me know if anymore digits are needed for the serial, I kept it short as a precaution to keep my account safe.

Last edited by hitodesu,

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Serial: XAJ7002032****
Region: EUR
Firmware: 3.0.2
Color option: Grey
Store: Amazon Europe
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: May 14th 2018

Now I’m set, waiting for no hardmod solution for <4.1.

For people in Europe, I suspect Grey Switches from Amazon are older stock with a better chance of low firmware (see my case above, ordered yesterday and arrived 5 minutes ago), maybe most people buy the Neon version so Neon consoles are restocked more frequently in Amazon warehouses.

Last edited by GBA rocks,
Reactions: HexZyle

manzhen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Serial: XAJ4001881****
Firmware: 3.0.0
Color option: Neon
Store: Local groceries store
Purchase date: May 15th 2018

Very happy with this find. It's a EUR unit but I bought it in HK.

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Serial: XAJ700161
Firmware: 3.0.1
Color option: Neon
Purchase date: 2018-05-08

Do you guys think I have the new revision? :(
I only booted it once to check the firmware in the console, and I still haven't even chosed the language for it, it's that new.

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, just want to share my sad-ish story that turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I ordered a brand new Switch from Amazon about a week ago, and to my big surprise, it was on FW 3.0.0!! I couldn't believe my luck, because it was kind of late to be buying new Switches and I was only hoping that it would be less than 5.0.0. I was grinning as I did the initial setup for the device until ...wait.. there was a DEAD PIXEL on the screen! Are you kidding me!!!

SO i had a minor dilemma: should I keep this 3.0.0 Switch with the dead pixel and avoid jiggery, or return it and almost certainly get a >= 4.1.0 Switch in exchange? I ended up returning it for a new one because I'm the kind of OCD psycho that a one dead pixel boi would drive nuts... if not now, then eventually.

The brand new Switch that Amazon sent me just arrived, and guess what? There doesn't seem to be any dead pixels...and it's on 1.0.0!!!!! Again: are you kidding me!!! There is some higher heavenly homebrew being watching over me, there must be. Or Amazon's customer service is next next level.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. But I guess the moral of the story is, don't let bad beginnings discourage you, don't give up, and don't be afraid to take risks? I won't deny that, in the end, I was just very very lucky though. Wowzers.

EDIT: Some more info:
Serial: XAW700020****
Region: USA
Firmware: 1.0.0!!
Color option: Gray
Store: Amazon
Purchase date: May 15 2018

Last edited by Oracleofire,

stefanbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, just want to share my sad-ish story that turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I ordered a brand new Switch from Amazon about a week ago, and to my big surprise, it was on FW 3.0.0!! I couldn't believe my luck, because it was kind of late to be buying new Switches and I was only hoping that it would be less than 5.0.0. I was grinning as I did the initial setup for the device until ...wait.. there was a DEAD PIXEL on the screen! Are you kidding me!!!

SO i had a minor dilemma: should I keep this 3.0.0 Switch with the dead pixel and avoid jiggery, or return it and almost certainly get a >= 4.1.0 Switch in exchange? I ended up returning it for a new one because I'm the kind of OCD psycho that a one dead pixel boi would drive nuts... if not now, then eventually.

The brand new Switch that Amazon sent me just arrived, and guess what? There doesn't seem to be any dead pixels...and it's on 1.0.0!!!!! Again: are you kidding me!!! There is some higher heavenly homebrew being watching over me, there must be. Or Amazon's customer service is next next level.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. But I guess the moral of the story is, don't let bad beginnings discourage you, don't give up, and don't be afraid to take risks? I won't deny that, in the end, I was just very very lucky though. Wowzers.

which amazon, grey or neon?

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Color: Neon
Region: Japan
Firmware 4.1.0
Bought on Amazon Japan on May 15th 2018
Serial: XAJ4004400****
Bundle: No
It's obliviously exploitable through the bootrom exploit (I just dumped my SBK and fuses)

Last edited by mathieulh,
Reactions: HexZyle

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial: XAW10051
Serial on device matches serial on box: yes
Region: USA
Firmware: 4.0.1