Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

Preem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to pre order the Super Mario Odyssey bundle, would that come on a low firmware or would it come on 3.0.1 and up?
There is no definite answer for that question but I'm confident that it will be at 3.0.1 based on the trend of system versions available near my area. You're better off purchasing a standalone system and then purchasing Mario Odyssey separate in case it does require firmware version 3.0.0 in order to play. So unless you're a big fan of Mario and the red controllers that come included then I say go for it! Though you may be at a loss if you decide to homebrew in the future should there be no exploits available for firmwares 3.0.1 and above. It's a coin toss at the moment that you should think about before purchasing. Hope this helps :)

Preem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unlikely they'll bundle a physical copy. It'll most likely be digital like it was with splatoon (and botw?) bundle. So you'd probably have to update
I hate that! Charge you more yet you don't get the physical copy of it. You're right though. I looked into the Mario Bundles being offered by stores like Best Buy & GameStop and unfortunately it's a download code. Nintendo will shove that update on you even if the system has a lower firmware on it.

Essometer

Needs data
OP
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
If I were to pre order the Super Mario Odyssey bundle, would that come on a low firmware or would it come on 3.0.1 and up?
Nobody know how Nintendo manages their bundles, but my guess is that they will be on 3.0.1 or higher.
If you are lucky they will be shipped with 3.0.0, this would be the lowest FW that could be expected. But your wouldn't count on that.

Preem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UInfortunately got the first reported 3.0.1 fresh from factory.

XAW100240
Straight from Amazon Canada.
This seems odd. Based on the firmware number structure you should be in the 2.3.0 range. It might be that the console was previously opened by someone, updated and then later returned. I've witnessed this case before so it wouldn't be a surprise considering that the consoles have no seal to begin with.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems odd. Based on the firmware number structure you should be in the 2.3.0 range. It might be that the console was previously opened by someone, updated and then later returned. I've witnessed this case before so it wouldn't be a surprise considering that the consoles have no seal to begin with.
Wait and see I guess. Our sample size is too small to draw any conclusions right now.

Essometer

Needs data
OP
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
This seems odd. Based on the firmware number structure you should be in the 2.3.0 range. It might be that the console was previously opened by someone, updated and then later returned. I've witnessed this case before so it wouldn't be a surprise considering that the consoles
Umm, the last number for 3.0.0 is XAW100225, so XAW100240 matches for 3.0.1.

Last edited by Essometer,
Reactions: oranginasprite

reymund602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought mine September 13th, 2017 at Walmart.
Grey-con switch
Serial: XAW700059
Software version: 3.0.0

Attachments

• _20170925_174933.JPG
    _20170925_174933.JPG
    570.8 KB · Views: 524
Reactions: DarthDub

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Serial: XAW400017xxxxx
Region: USA/Canada
FW: 3.0.0
Colour: Neon red + blue
Purchased Date : 25/8/2017

Get 'em while you can, 3.0.1 is soon to follow.
This system, bought Aug 25, was first confirmed 3.0.0 console in the west.
That firm was live for just 5 weeks so we should be seeing 3.0.1 very soon now. (i know there was one the other day but we need more confirmations)
Keep in mind turn-around times for switch are much faster that 3ds due to the switch's popularity.
Better act fast if you want a homebrew switch, fellow tempers.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

ParaGrosTas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My second switch arrived this morning. Hoping I would get some 2.X, I instead got 3.0.1. Shipping from Amazon Canada.
Serial is: XAW100240
This isnt the best place to ask but now I've got 2 switch on this firmware. Do you guys think I should just return it and dont update my original or keep both?

Essometer

Needs data
OP
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
My second switch arrived this morning. Hoping I would get some 2.X, I instead got 3.0.1. Shipping from Amazon Canada.
Serial is: XAW100240
This isnt the best place to ask but now I've got 2 switch on this firmware. Do you guys think I should just return it and dont update my original or keep both?
If you bought a Switch with the intention to get a hack able Switch, just return it to amazon and try to get a Switch on a lower firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.