Hardware Switch does not find any wifi networks - no liquiddamage

Dani1406

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey all,

I recently got a switch with no WiFi. Everything else seems to be working fine.
The previous owner sent it to Nintendo and it came back with the note "Mainboard defect".

I opened it up and there ist no sign of liquid damage. I tested another Display with a known working pair of antenna cables. Still not a single network, even when right next to an access point.
My other switch finds around 10-15 WiFi-Connections.

Bluetooth seems to be working fine because I can connect joycons wirelessly.
MAC-address is present in the settings.

Has someone had similar problems? Might it be the Wifi-chip below the systemnand? I could not find any strange shorts :-/
Without schematics or a boardview it is hard to repair this thing..

Last edited by Dani1406,

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the WiFi chip is broken or faulty, I believe it's a modular part, but if Nintendo are saying "main board" then possibly there is a damaged trace or the WiFi module connector pins on the board are damaged perhaps?
Failing that I would use a dock and get a Ethernet dongle but that's just me.

The fact most parts are modular and Nintendo didn't fix it I assume there is probably something bigger at fault.

Dani1406

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The wifi-chip ist soldered to the mainboard and I do not believe, that Sony does boardlevel-repair :D
I wanted to have it fully working in order to sell the switch.

I checked everything with a microscope and have not noticed anything :-/ There is definetly not a single sign of waterdamage.

Hmm... Is it possible to change the Broadcom-chip or is it married to the mainboard?

JoelSonamShah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The wifi-chip ist soldered to the mainboard and I do not believe, that Sony does boardlevel-repair :D
I wanted to have it fully working in order to sell the switch.

I checked everything with a microscope and have not noticed anything :-/ There is definetly not a single sign of waterdamage.

Hmm... Is it possible to change the Broadcom-chip or is it married to the mainboard?
my switch lite has the same issue but i live in a country where nintendo repair is not available and there are no third party repair shops. so i always need to use a ethernet adapter. if you find a fix please let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4