Hacking Question Switch doens't read SD card, But Hekate does. Can't use CFM. How to solve?

North_Aquarius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I have run my switch on custom software for a couple of years just fine. Lately I was putting some new games on the sd card to install on my switch. When I inserted the sd card back in my switch to install them, my switch gave me the error that the sd card was not inserted (while it was). I've tried formatting it in the computer and switch, tried Fat32. I've tried different sd cards, same result. So I thought that maybe the sd card reader broke down.So I have replaced the sd card slot reader on the switch, but that didn't fix the problem. The strange thing is, that when I boot with Hekate, Hekate does detect the sd card. It can give me the information of the inserted sd card. But the switch software itself apparently doesn't.

Has anyone experience this? If so, how to solve?

Switch software: 9.0.0
Atmosphere: 0.9.4
SD Card: Sandisk Ultra 128 GB Exfat formatted.

English is not my fist language, sorry for any mistakes.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think I have seen someone else with the same issue and the conclusion was that there was probably still something faulty which trips up HOS but which Hekate is able to ignore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.