Hardware Switch dock mode screen tearing and artifacting

Nicram13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I bought broken switch with usb c port desoldered and some pads were missing. I have rebuild pads, soldered port back on its place. It worked few times in dock mode and stopped for good with no signal message. I decided to replace pi3usb chip because i thought it might be faulty. Just to be sure i have replaced M92T36 chip all filters and six capacitors around pi3usb chip on vdd lines. I have used 0201 100pF caps. After checking image is back but screen is artifacting really bad. I have changed caps for 100nF still no change. I have replaced caps on aux + and - pin 19,20 with 100nF caps. Switch is working fine in hanheld mode. But in docked is tearing and artifacting. I have no idea what else i could replace what could be causing that issue. Any ideas? I have checked continuity of the signals on usb c and proper points on the board. Is it possible that i have damaged filters with heat when i was replacing other parts? I was using heatgun with 380*C. In hanheld mode it's possible to see horizontal lines but that might be caused by replacing lcd socket which has melt during previous fixes( i replaced it with new one). Please give me any tip what else might be producing that effect in dock mode. Should i replace next line of caps beetwen pi3usb and chokes ? Or change pi3usb again ?
20201230_173516_HDR~2.jpg
20201230_135039_HDR.jpg
20201230_135708_HDR.jpg
20201231_120155_HDR.jpg

Last edited by Nicram13,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.