Homebrew RELEASE Switch Cheats Updater - Update your cheat files from your Switch

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand to get the txt file cheats to work with Edizon and Tesla I can only use one txt file and it has to be titled the build id? So, what am I supposed to do with the cheat files that the updater created, because they are not titled with the build id and there are multiple files?
EdiZon automatically looks for the txt file with the same buildID of the title you're running, so having multiple files in that directory shouldn't be an issue. The fact that it can't find it means that Switch Cheats Updater hasn't downloaded it, which in turn means that probably the cheats for the game you're talking about hasn't been updated yet.
I guess they'll be updated eventually, since both Animal Crossing and Pokémon are pretty popular, but it'll be faster for you to simply look for them elsewhere (there's a specific thread for Animal Crossing only: https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-new-horizons-cheat-database.563423/)

Reactions: jboom91

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using SX btw.
Ok, so some games I have work great. Others tell me that the title does not match BUT cheats matching the same name game with a different title ID are available and do I want to use those.
I accept and the correct cheats for the game (Blasphemous )are available in the cheat menu but they never work in game....why not?

syfer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
May I ask how do i use this like in the game what do I press to activate the many or cheat code? I am new to this.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask how do i use this like in the game what do I press to activate the many or cheat code? I am new to this.
You don't use this to activate them. This just will download a pack and extract it to the respective places for your games. To activate them you need edizon or if your on sx use the sx rom menu

syfer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok ok i have that was not sure on were it was. so its their that I need to activate the game saves.

Zaiphon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Using SX btw.
Ok, so some games I have work great. Others tell me that the title does not match BUT cheats matching the same name game with a different title ID are available and do I want to use those.
I accept and the correct cheats for the game (Blasphemous )are available in the cheat menu but they never work in game....why not?
I have the same issue on Atmos. Title iddoes not match but it is the right game.
Regardless if I use edizon or edizon tesla.

Hakamdeebad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I feel dumb asking this question, but does cheats updater not include games like Pokemon Shield, Let's Go Pikachu, Animal Crossing, etc.? It downloads it, but when I go to load cheats, it says no cheats available. I check the titleID, and it shows up in Atmosphere/contents as the correct one, but the buildID does not match, so I know that is usually because the game updated. Does the cheat file by matias not include those games anymore or keep them updated? For now, I know to just go to cheatslips or to the cheat threads here and just grab that latest cheat.txt file. I'm on latest atmo, firmware, and using EdiZon overlay.

hlb96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am firmware 10.2 and atmosphere 14.4.
This no longer downloads cheats and does not update the cheat codes.Any idea why?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have edited my ini file so it doesn't toggle cheats on automatically but when I use this app or add cheats manually they are still all selected when starting a game, don't know what else to do as it's driving me nuts having to go into edizon every time to unselect the cheats when starting a game. Any advice would be welcome

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have edited my ini file so it doesn't toggle cheats on automatically but when I use this app or add cheats manually they are still all selected when starting a game, don't know what else to do as it's driving me nuts having to go into edizon every time to unselect the cheats when starting a game. Any advice would be welcome
Did you also copy `system_settings.ini` into the `/atmosphere/config` directory?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you also copy `system_settings.ini` into the `/atmosphere/config` directory?
no i just left it in the configs-template folder, guess this is my next step. what a plum i am, thanks Digi_Ohhh. just out of interest where are you in italy, used to go to marche region alot myself.

i take it a reboot is needed for the change to take?
So I have copied the ini file into config folder rebooted the payload and redownloaded the cheats but still when I start a game all cheats are still all selected, dont know what else to do.

Last edited by sudeki300,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used this homebrew to check for titles first, it said 1911 titles. Then I went ahead and pressed A to download and it said 1910 titles. Any idea why the discrepancy? Where did my 1 title go?

Also at the end it sayd
Succesfully extracted 1726 cheat files for 693 titles.

693 is the only amount of cheat codes available I guess?
Why then 1726 cheatfiles? thats alot more then 693?

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

PapaHelmeritus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I guess feature to delete old cheats would be nice, but of course some of them tend to work and to compare would be bit of a work to add. Great tool though. Thanks for this!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or that it would add a txt file with game name in the titles hex-dir

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess feature to delete old cheats would be nice, but of course some of them tend to work and to compare would be bit of a work to add. Great tool though. Thanks for this!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or that it would add a txt file with game name in the titles hex-dir

The problem with only deleting old files is that the users might not have the latest version of the game installed, and getting the build id from the current update isn't trivial. Also I recommend you use AIO switch updater (link in the OP) instead, it's more complete/polished

PapaHelmeritus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The problem with only deleting old files is that the users might not have the latest version of the game installed, and getting the build id from the current update isn't trivial. Also I recommend you use AIO switch updater (link in the OP) instead, it's more complete/polished

Yeah, just actually noticed the AIO yesterday evening. Need to try it out, but, I just hate in principle All In One thingies, (as sw dev background) and it has a lot of shit, actually everything else but the updater that is of no use to me. Hopefully it actually even works on SX OS Core Mariko.

Reactions: kyle schwartz

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, just actually noticed the AIO yesterday evening. Need to try it out, but, I just hate in principle All In One thingies, (as sw dev background) and it has a lot of shit, actually everything else but the updater that is of no use to me. Hopefully it actually even works on SX OS Core Mariko.
Actually making an AIO app makes developing easier for me as the things I'm downloading are similar, so I don't have to update a few separate apps at a time everytime I find a bug or want to add a feature. But even if you only use it for cheats, it's better there with the ability to blacklist titles directly from the app

Reactions: livinitwarrior

kyle schwartz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a spot of trouble with my cheats. Ive confirmed in the app which titles downloaded. In my case tokyo mirage sessions has a cheat file i downloaded. I start edizon and hit cheats, and the cheat list shows up blank, this occurs in and out of applet mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.