MrKor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hello.

Ok i got a switch with firmware 12.1.0 i have downgrade the firmware to 11.0.0 ( for use Sx Os for my son) with Atmosphere 1.0.0 and daybreak.
Downgrade to 11.0.0 ok with reboot on atmosphere without problem.
I turn off the switch and i remove the sd card.
I turn on and nothing happen switch stay in black screen.
Rcm not detected ( tested with 2 different cables and on pc and android ) + all the reset tips didn't work to hold down power button with and without volume - + .

Any help appreciated thank you.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

Ok i got a switch with firmware 12.1.0 i have downgrade the firmware to 11.0.0 ( for use Sx Os for my son) with Atmosphere 1.0.0 and daybreak.
Rcm not detected ( tested with 2 different cables and on pc and android ) + all the reset tips didn't work to hold down power button with and without volume - + .

"+ all the reset tips didn't work" is a pretty broad statement. Did you hold the power button for more than 15 seconds to completely turn the Switch OFF, then try RCM again?

MrKor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
You can try this, see post #2 unless you are 100% sure the driver is installed correctly.

as written before i tried on 2 different computers and an android tablet with 2 different cables and no sign of RCM mode since i restarted the Switch. I tested your solution but no APX mode.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so I understand, what exactly do you do to start the RCM mode? The reason for asking is that you may have auto RCM previously, and the downgrading process may have wiped that, so now, you have to do manual RCM before you can enable auto RCM again. Describe exactly what you do when you attempt to go into RCM mode.

Reactions: White_Raven_X

MrKor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Just so I understand, what exactly do you do to start the RCM mode? The reason for asking is that you may have auto RCM previously, and the downgrading process may have wiped that, so now, you have to do manual RCM before you can enable auto RCM again. Describe exactly what you do when you attempt to go into RCM mode.

I am using a cable for connect pin 9&10 for RCM mode. i never have got any problems to enter in rcm mode until now.
Downgrading firmware on the Switch rebooted normally on Atmosphère.
After have checked the firmware was 11.0.0 i turned off and removed the Sd card → turn on the Switch black screen.
If downgrading process or turn off the Switch may have wiped the auto RCM why my switch stay in black screen?
And how i can enter in RCM mode if my switch won't start? (no nintendo logo and no charge icon)

Last edited by MrKor,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a cable for connect pin 9&10 for RCM mode. i never have got any problems to enter in rcm mode until now.
After have checked the firmware was 11.0.0 i turned off and removed the Sd card → turn on the Switch black screen.
If downgrading process or turn off the Switch may have wiped the auto RCM why my switch stay in black screen?
And how i can enter in RCM mode if my switch won't start? (no nintendo logo and no charge icon)
If the fuse count is lower than the firmware, then the console is technically "bricked" because the bootloader will not launch the console. The only way around this is to launch RCM since it is triggered before the bootloader.

Reactions: White_Raven_X

andw93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have the same problem, how did you solve it?

Pik44chu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

Hey man I’m having the same issue let me know if you find a solution

SwitchLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue on mine, but I had used hekate to do a restore when it happened. Now a year later I fixed it.
Most likely your fuse count is off and the OFW dosn't match. You need to RCM boot hekate and check or dump the fuse count.
I tried for hours and couldn't get it to update correctly so I finally just booted to OFW went online and updated to 13 so now using atmosphere instead on sx. So if your is like mine was I used TergaRcmGUI on PC so I could actually if in RCM or not.
Took a few tries and had to hold 12-15 sec and try again a few time but it did work. Found hekate 2.3 to work and to bypass the fuses to OFW. Just booted to hekate 2.3 and chose load and it errored out then went to OFW and I was able to update OFW to match current fuse count and was good.

andw93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had the same issue on mine, but I had used hekate to do a restore when it happened. Now a year later I fixed it.
Most likely your fuse count is off and the OFW dosn't match. You need to RCM boot hekate and check or dump the fuse count.
I tried for hours and couldn't get it to update correctly so I finally just booted to OFW went online and updated to 13 so now using atmosphere instead on sx. So if your is like mine was I used TergaRcmGUI on PC so I could actually if in RCM or not.
Took a few tries and had to hold 12-15 sec and try again a few time but it did work. Found hekate 2.3 to work and to bypass the fuses to OFW. Just booted to hekate 2.3 and chose load and it errored out then went to OFW and I was able to update OFW to match current fuse count and was good.
UPDATE:

I solved my evidently hardware problem by taking it to a technician. A capacitor on the card responsible for audio video had shorted out. I got away with it at little expense .
Thanks to all those who made themselves available and tried to help me!

switcherjoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I guess I have a similar issue, but without any upgrades/downgrades of the FW, just after using Retroarch. Any ideas how to solve the black screen issue and finally be able to go into the RCM mode again? I use AutoRCM, and never had any issues with it since years....

andw93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess I have a similar issue, but without any upgrades/downgrades of the FW, just after using Retroarch. Any ideas how to solve the black screen issue and finally be able to go into the RCM mode again? I use AutoRCM, and never had any issues with it since years....
Is AutoRCM enabled? if it is you have to charge the switch for a day and then insert the jig and try to load the payload.
If it's not booting on RCM than it's an hardware problem like mine

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello.

I think you messed up your BOOT0 BOOT1....

see link:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-recover-switch-without-boot0-boot1-backups.537072/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c