Gaming Switch better or worse than Wii U/3DS?

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No.

Bigger screen.

Better sound and video.

Way more games.

Has games the 3DS does not.

Although is quite fragile, more so the controllers and is even worse on the Lite model.
Way more games that you can't get on Steam? Absolutely no way. The number of exclusives must be at the very least 5x higher on the 3DS, if not much more. I get that people think it's cool to play Hades on the Switch, but it's still a PC game played on a glorified portable screen with controllers that break for no reason - with no achievements system.

Last edited by MarkDarkness,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Last edited by raxadian,

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
With switchroot the switch is epic..

Then again, Ninty says:
Switch = Gaming console

Which is understandable, as Smartphones are everywhere (bet even your grandma has one), so why bother wasting energy on duplicate functions that might only raise the price...?

Where is this trove of games? Point me the way or show me a list that has more than 10 top tier non-ports.
Well.. For as long as those ports are good...
Good port > trashy original IP everyday.

That said, Smash Ultimate, AC:NH, Astral Chain, 51 Clubhousegames and Hyrule Warriors are quite good
(Persona5S is looking neat too) and Fenyx Immortals Rising (while a cpr) is cool too.
<I'm also not sure if Doom Eternal should be seen as port per se>

The 3DS Library was quite lame also...
The best games for me there were the Gyakuten Saiban ones, that, and the backwardscompatibility with DS.

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_Switch_games

If you want Switch Only Games, here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_Switch-only_games

Granted there are not that many, and maybe not eveey one is good but they are more than ten.
A lot of the exclusives that would even matter are not actually out. Some of them are also "exclusive compilations" or such. Have fun with the enormous 3DS list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_3DS-only_games

I can appreciate that you enjoy the Switch. But it's simply inferior to the 3DS.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally lean towards 3DS/Wii U but that may be fueled heavily by nostalgia for Nintendo back then; now you have to pay for online, their flagship controllers have shitty joysticks (joycons and pro controllers), and the whole #FreeMelee thing is just a slap in the face compared to the old Nintendo that wanted you to upload screenshots of your game to Miiverse and talk about them with people
I had no complaints with Nintendo back then (except for maybe the Wii U's library but it gets a pass thanks to homebrew?) but I have plenty of complaints with them now.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo lost their personality.

For me that happened with the launch of the Wii, 2006. The end of the Gamecube, to me, felt like the end of the Nintendo I had been enjoying since 1986.

But perhaps the personality Nintendo started showing around that time - Iwata in charge, Mii's, a particular 'nintendo-y' vibe to the sounds and musical themes, especially background music -- is the personality you now miss.

Wrap your head around that. ; )

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="The 3DS Library was quite lame also...[/QUOTE]
WRONG. 2 Pokémon gens came out on it, ACNL, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario 3D Land and NSMB2, Link Between Worlds, Garfield Kart, 2 Kirby games, Tomodachi Life, and others
Edit: Whoops I messed up my quote but you know who you are

Reactions: cvskid

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the Wii U and the 3DS are best consoles overall because the majority of the games in their libraries don't cause framerate or graphical issues. Everything on the switch seems half-baked.

Dat_Hombre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still have to bridge the pins, which is BS. There should be a 100% softmod that uses, you know, softmod and not dongle shit?
I really don't understand why this is so terrible to you? Like, yeah you have to bridge the pins.... And? Takes $5 n literally 5secs to bridge the pins/inject the payload. Seriously the tiniest amount of "work" ever lol. And then you could turn on AutoRCM and never have to bridge the pins again. Don't understand the hesitation at all

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand why this is so terrible to you? Like, yeah you have to bridge the pins.... And? Takes $5 n literally 5secs to bridge the pins/inject the payload. Seriously the tiniest amount of "work" ever lol. And then you could turn on AutoRCM and never have to bridge the pins again. Don't understand the hesitation at all
I set my friend up so he literally just has to hook his phone up to his switch and it'll inject hekate, with no extra steps. We've paired that with AutoRCM and he's been having a good time with Retroarch and custom Odyssey levels

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The 3DS Library was quite lame

No it wasn't, the 3DS just took a few years to become popular due to a highter prize than the DS and not being as easy to hack. The fact Pokemon X and Y sucked after the hit that was Pokemon Black and White didn't help.

Heck in the first two years of the console the best selling games were the Nintendogs games! Heck we got a Nintendogs special edition way before the Mario Kart one!

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
I think the Wii U and the 3DS are best consoles overall because the majority of the games in their libraries don't cause framerate or graphical issues. Everything on the switch seems half-baked.
Asif..
People feel suddenly entitled to bash the framerate, the WiiU surely had similar problems, somehow people only started caring now, which is worthlesw.
1st party switch titles run as well as 3ds ones.
Fully optimized, smooth.

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asif..
People feel suddenly entitled to bash the framerate, the WiiU surely had similar problems, somehow people only started caring now, which is worthlesw.
1st party switch titles run as well as 3ds ones.
Fully optimized, smooth.
The only game that I recall having framerate issues on WiiU is Breath of the Wild. The Switch performance on that game isn't any better at all. Currently playing Fire Emblem Three Houses on Switch, a first party title, and the performance drops all the time in Explore mode, and during maps it doesn't get any better. I rarely had these issues on 3DS games, and they never happen using a New 3DS.

Last edited by Pikm,

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
3DS for me is the peak of dual-screen handheld at that time. Switch on the other hand, is a console which is easy and convenient for devs to make games especially if they're planning on going multi-platform. Both are good, it's a win-win for Nintendo and its users. Wii U is like the prototype for the Switch. I love it, I still own it. Xenoblade Chronicles X for the win! It's just too bad it didn't get traction from the devs and gamers. It has a small library of games but most of them are definitely leaning on the quality side. Plus the backwards compatibility on that console is impressive from gamecube to wii and the capability to play DS games, those things expanded its minute library. Plus, the miiverse and those arts, just ignore the bad ones but the wholesome ones are really really fascinating. All are good and it's just getting better. Hopefully, the future is going to be great for Nintendo gaming.

ishida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wii U is better (whole library of Wii & Wii U games, motion control stuff),
if i want 3rd party titles i play on PC.
almost everything on switch, i can do on PC.

i don't support a company that hates it's fans and will DMCA anything with mario in the name :whip:
not a fan of nintendo but i don't have much choice.
never bow down to microscam the biggest scum,
while sony just raised its middle finger at asia/ japan (enforcing X as confirm instead of O. bullshait since universally X means bad/ cancel, even our web browsers say left is backwards while right is forwards)

so my main platform is PC with Nintendo controller.

Last edited by ishida,

Fernandarex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's better than those. You get the best of both worlds with it being a handheld and workable to a tv. The library of games isn't bad either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: