Gaming Switch better or worse than Wii U/3DS?

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS had preloaded games and things to do, like Nintendo Video, Face Raiders, a camera, Streetpass, and Dinosaur Office. Wii U had Wii U Chat, some weird TV remote nobody used, and an Internet Browser. Both of them also had Miiverse, a HUGE Virtual Console selection, as well as menu music and music tracks for pretty much any app. 3DS had themes too.
Switch has............ nothing. Not even music on the eShop or Mii Maker. Not even a way to communicate with people on your friends list. No Internet Browser or themes. No Miiverse. No games or fun things, or any apps at all, unless you download Hulu or YouTube.
I've said this before, I'll say it again. Nintendo lost their personality. And I know everyone hates me for this, but I like the Wii U better than Nintendo Switch.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS had preloaded games and things to do, like Nintendo Video, Face Raiders, a camera, Streetpass, and Dinosaur Office. Wii U had Wii U Chat, some weird TV remote nobody used, and an Internet Browser. Both of them also had Miiverse, a HUGE Virtual Console selection, as well as menu music and music tracks for pretty much any app. 3DS had themes too.
Switch has............ nothing. Not even music on the eShop or Mii Maker. Not even a way to communicate with people on your friends list. No Internet Browser or themes. No Miiverse. No games or fun things, or any apps at all, unless you download Hulu or YouTube.
I've said this before, I'll say it again. Nintendo lost their personality. And I know everyone hates me for this, but I like the Wii U better than Nintendo Switch.
I mean if we are talking about the stuff the consoles came with by default probably 3ds

Reactions: orangy57

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably gonna get a Wii U soon. But I like the 3: 3DS, Wii U, and Switch.

I like the Wii U because of being able to use much more legacy content(Virtual console), which right at this time the Switch is lacking a lot. However, the Switch has a lot of "new" games that keep coming out. And the hybrid concept helps a lot. I'm not trying to change your opinion (just in case), because as much as I like and play my Switch, I agree that it can learn a whole lot of it's predecessors (example: free online, themes, backwards compatibility, less restrictions, eShop music, etc.)

But I just can't say the Switch is a bad console, it's just Nintendo doesn't take the advantage of it's potential. It has so much potential, yet Nintendo doesn't do much with it... It's sad. If Nintendo step up their game and start adding much more of those type of content, I'm sure it would be so much better. Advertising "Nintendo Switch: my way to play" would have been a stronger statement with the Switch's predecessors lost features.

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably gonna get a Wii U soon. But I like the 3: 3DS, Wii U, and Switch.

I like the Wii U because of being able to use much more legacy content(Virtual console), which right at this time the Switch is lacking a lot. However, the Switch has a lot of "new" games that keep coming out. And the hybrid concept helps a lot. I'm not trying to change your opinion (just in case), because as much as I like and play my Switch, I agree that it can learn a whole lot of it's predecessors (example: free online, themes, backwards compatibility, less restrictions, eShop music, etc.)

But I just can't say the Switch is a bad console, it's just Nintendo doesn't take the advantage of it's potential. It has so much potential, yet Nintendo doesn't do much with it... It's sad. If Nintendo step up their game and start adding much more of those type of content, I'm sure it would be so much better. Advertising "Nintendo Switch: my way to play" would have been a stronger statement with the Switch's predecessors lost features.
I completely agree. The Switch could be AMAZING, Nintendo just is being lazy I guess. I still enjoy the Switch, don't get me wrong, and the hybrid gimmick is absolutely revolutionary (and probably my favorite part of the console). But yeah it is a bit... lackluster.

Reactions: Lightyose

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I guess Nintendo always have to take some counter-productive decisions. We know they won't be perfect. But treating things of the past as if they never existed...

I believe people get mad because Nintendo with their actions lately, seems they think they know better than us. And treat some facts stated by fanbase as just "opinions" or "thanks for feedback we probably won't be researching into".

However, they are a Japanese company originally, so I don't know if they actually listen to most things there.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiu in terms of it being more Retro ready/compatible. If you hacked it you could play Gamecube games aswell.
Obviously the Switch has a superior 3rd party support so new games are always being ported and thankfully uncensored.

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiu in terms of it being more Retro ready/compatible. If you hacked it you could play Gamecube games aswell.
Obviously the Switch has a superior 3rd party support so new games are always being ported and thankfully uncensored.
Yeah, but that's about it. And I feel like a console shouldn't need to be hacked to be good

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The Wii U has too few games, but better hardware. Unfortunately the console was a failure so unless you hack it there is no much point in using it anymore.

The 3DS has a HUGE library of DS and 3DS games. Unfortunately the hardware had problems with the camera and the mic. Heck the mic is WORSE than the one the DS hardware. The camera is better that the DSi one but tends to break more or maybe that's because a lot more 3DS were sold that DSi and so of course more cameras ended being broken.

Currently the Switch library has MORE GAMES than the DS and 3DS game list put together! That sounds amazing but a lot of those games are ports or digital only games. And you have to be careful with ports as some are really badly done.

Overall, between a Switch and a 3DS, it depends if you want to hack the console or not.

Nowadays the 3DS, as long as you don't update the fitmware to the latest version, is very easy to hack while the Switch is not.

If you want to get a videogame console to just play legaly bought games, get a Switch.

Last edited by raxadian,

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U has too few games, but better hardware. Unfortunately the console was a failure so unless you hack it there is no much point in using it anymore.

The 3DS has a HUGE library of DS and 3DS games. Unfortunately the hardware had problems with the camera and the mic. Heck the mic is WORSE than the one the DS hardware. The camera is better that the DSi one but tends to break more or maybe that's because a lot more 3DS were sold that DSi and so of course more cameras ended being broken.

Currently the Switch library has MORE GAMES than the DS and 3DS game list put together! That sounds amazing but a lot of those games are ports or digital only games. And you have to be careful with ports as some are really badly done.

Overall, between a Switch and a 3DS, it depends if you want to hack the console or not.

Nowadays the 3DS, as long as you don't update the fitmware to the latest version, is very easy to hack while the Switch is not.

If you want to get a videogame console to just play legaly bought games, get a Switch.
Yeah, but I prefer quality over quantity. The Switch does have some AMAZING games, like Odyssey and BOTW, but it's also loaded with Wii U ports. I'm cool with MK8 Deluxe for the gameplay changes and new content, but are they really gonna charge us $60 for DK Tropical Freeze again, but this time with Funky Kong? And I don't see the Wii U as a failure. Commercially, yes, it was a failure, but as long as there are still some things I like to use it for, then I'll keep it.

And yeah. 3DS mic sucks. But it's not a huge problem cuz I rarely use it, if ever.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch has replaced both the 3DS and the Wii U so it is the better system. The only thing that holds it back is the lack of creativity from Nintendo. A good percentage of the Wii U library is playable on the switch and it will give you a better experience with homebrew and applications than the 3DS so the switch is the better system.

If you mod your switch you can have all the things you want like media player, emulation, and other cool stuff. I advise anyone they should have a modded switch and a regular switch

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the Wii U for its objectively easier-to-install (and permanent) homebrew., same with 3DS. Switch, I use exclusively for legit gaming, never gonna mod it because it's not permanent, doesn't work on new firmware and it's a pain in the ass.

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I like the Wii U for its objectively easier-to-install (and permanent) homebrew., same with 3DS. Switch, I use exclusively for legit gaming, never gonna mod it because it's not permanent, doesn't work on new firmware and it's a pain in the ass.

But the latest firmware (11.0.1) is working with Atmosphere 0.16.2.

D

Deleted User

From the Nintendo stable, I already own the Wii and New 3DS XL, both of which are running Homebrew with complete Game and Emulator Libraries, so I don't feel the need to play nostalgia Games on the Switch.

As for its current life, I don't plan on cracking my Switch so I only play the Games I buy, which are based on quality, as I already have a nice portable backlog I can go to on the 3DS that, at the very least, also has my best choices of the NDS Library in it.

The Switch for me is the best way to enjoy the current Nintendo line-up and aside from some great Exclusives, there are Cross-Platform Games that I can enjoy on the go, unlike on better-specced Console counterparts.

As such, I would say:
  • The Wii is the best stationary Nintendo Console ever made, considering all the Homebrew it can run and because I prefer stationary Consoles to focus on just the TV whilst using body movement for Gaming.
  • The New Nintendo 3DS XL is the best Handheld Console ever made, considering all the Homebrew it can run.
  • The Switch is the best way to enjoy the latest Nintendo and Cross-Platform titles, because portability works best for my day-to-day.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Switch is just inferior in every way to 3DS. I used to take my 3DS around and have infinite fun with it. The Switch can basically play two awesome release games, and once you are done with those, it's basically a low-spec computer to play PC ports that has controllers that break when a gust of air passes by them; and Nintendo refuses to improve their design, giving the privilege of free fixing for people in developed countries and telling the rest to fuck off.

New Nintendo corporate management has honestly migrated me from a strong supporter to a mild hater.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Switch is just inferior in every way to 3DS. I used to take my 3DS around and have infinite fun with it. The Switch can basically play two awesome release games, and once you are done with those, it's basically a low-spec computer to play PC ports that has controllers that break when a gust of air passes by them; and Nintendo refuses to improve their design, giving the privilege of free fixing for people in developed countries and telling the rest to fuck off.

New Nintendo corporate management has honestly migrated me from a strong supporter to a mild hater.

No.

Bigger screen.

Better sound and video.

Way more games.

Has games the 3DS does not.

Although is quite fragile, more so the controllers and is even worse on the Lite model.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning