Hacking Switch Battery Died on AutoRCM, Won't turn on

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is charged by a third party USB cable and I realised today it's not turning on. I'm using SX OS and I've seen guides to use the payload on my computer but it said "NO RCM". Tried Holding the power button for 12 seconds, holding the Vol+ and On button and it seemed to not work as well. Must I continue charging or is it perma dead?

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
try to charge it for a while. charging with rcm enables takes quite a while.
if it still doesnt work after 6 hours i would say you fried your switch.

Why did you use a third party cable?

Reactions: yakuku

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to charge it for a while. charging with rcm enables takes quite a while.
if it still doesnt work after 6 hours i would say you fried your switch.

Why did you use a third party cable?
I've been using a third party cable for months and I have no problems with it that's why i continued doing so. Ill do that. I havent charged my switch with a first party yet I went straight away to Tegra and it said "NO RCM". Will report back in a couple of hours. Anyone with the same experience please keep sharing suggestions as well

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Charge for 24 hours

Try again

I know its a problem that has happened to many people but I don't think its ever irreversible

Worst case scenario you will have to open your switch and mess with the battery

If you google "Switch AutoRCM battery dead" you will find thousands of posts of videos explaining how to fix

This thread from GBA Temp goes into a lot of detail also https://gbatemp.net/threads/important-psa-autorcm-battery-warning.505192/

Last edited by TunaKetchup,

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charge for 24 hours

Try again

I know its a problem that has happened to many people but I don't think its ever irreversible

Worst case scenario you will have to open your switch and mess with the battery

If you google "Switch AutoRCM battery dead" you will find thousands of posts of videos explaining how to fix

This thread from GBA Temp goes into a lot of detail also https://gbatemp.net/threads/important-psa-autorcm-battery-warning.505192/
Yup I've been looking at threads right now and I'm currently charging it.Thanks! There's no indication of my switch is charging or not, just blank. Also my SX Dongle has no LED when I plugged into my Switch. It's weird since this is only day 3 and usually i leave it on sleep mode for 5 days and it still has juice.

One question though, must I charge my switch 24 hours fully? Can I check my switch in an hour or two?

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yup I've been looking at threads right now and I'm currently charging it.Thanks! There's no indication of my switch is charging or not, just blank. Also my SX Dongle has no LED when I plugged into my Switch. It's weird since this is only day 3 and usually i leave it on sleep mode for 5 days and it still has juice.

One question though, must I charge my switch 24 hours fully? Can I check my switch in an hour or two?
the problem is that switch like any device requires a minimum charge to power on and that a switch rcm mode charges really really really slowly so it takes very long to reach that thresshold.

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is that switch like any device requires a minimum charge to power on and that a switch rcm mode charges really really really slowly so it takes very long to reach that thresshold.
I understand. I'm just being impatient since the battery died too quickly and I wanna see any life on this thing asap. The only thing I'm getting is a small warmth back of my Switch.

Reactions: M7L7NK7

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can try to power it on from rcm while its plugged in the or your phone and push the payload from there. It could work but no guarantee it will

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
It gets enough charge in about 20 min..

What I do is push a payload like Hekate where you can see the power percentage, then plug in the AC charger directly before it turns off again then either wait til it gets pushto a few percent or push the payload straight away. It'll sit on the black screen where the battery icon is on the top left and after 20 min it'll continue booting up like normal.

You never need 24 hours or even an hour, if you do your battery is fucked.

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It gets enough charge in about 20 min..

What I do is push a payload like Hekate where you can see the power percentage, then plug in the AC charger directly before it turns off again then either wait til it gets pushto a few percent or push the payload straight away. It'll sit on the black screen where the battery icon is on the top left and after 20 min it'll continue booting up like normal.

You never need 24 hours or even an hour, if you do your battery is fucked.
I tried using a USB connected to my PC for Tegra and it seemed to have NO RCM inserted. I can't inject it

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for making another post but even on Discord, they aren't sure what's going on. I'm gonna leave the Switch charging overnight. If it doesn't work, I'm bringing it to a game store.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ill admit i didnt read the post, but just sharing my method to boot a dead battery switch with autorcm:

i use my usb c phone in OTG mode (usb c to usb c) cable. to send hekate payload to the switch, and leave it plugged in. this way, the phone is providing a charge to the switch while allowing it to send a payload. i leave it in hekate for a bit (so this will drain some phone battery pretty quickly but charge the switch enough to stay on to allow the next step). then i quickly swap the usb cable out and plug in the switch charger (try to swap the cables in under a second..basically as fast as u can). then charge it in hekate. this will allow it to charge at full speed. when it gets high enough, u can then boot normally and charge normally. or just full charge it in hekate.

this is the method that works for me, i understand there could be scenarios it might not work, or maybe something else is the problem.

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Left it charging overnight, Holded down the power button, let go and did it again (even did different combinations like the Vol+) Tried a different cable, a different computer and it still seemed it can’t detect my Switch.

Haven’t tried USB C yet, but i suspected it’s not that the battery that was drained since I only left it on sleep mode for a day. Gave it to my local shop for repair hopefully it’s not fried.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Did you tell the repair shop about using AutoRCM?

I feel like they wont be able to help unless they know about Switch hacking and are ok with doing that type of work

So I hope you gave them a heads up before hand

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you tell the repair shop about using AutoRCM?

I feel like they wont be able to help unless they know about Switch hacking and are ok with doing that type of work

So I hope you gave them a heads up before hand
No, I can’t get into the details with them but if they can’t repair it I’ll just get a new set and they’ll just give me the old one back. It’s just them tinkering with it since i suck at those kinds of stuff

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ve had a complete battery drain it take at least an 1hr to power it to hekate and you need to wait until its over 10% battery or else it won't boot completely into hos.

and you should hold power button for 15secs if you think its in rcm or else the charging will take even longer

yakuku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ve had a complete battery drain it take at least an 1hr to power it to hekate and you need to wait until its over 10% battery or else it won't boot completely into hos.

and you should hold power button for 15secs if you think its in rcm or else the charging will take even longer
Everything was already done. Charged for hours, left it without charging, hold the power button for 15-30 seconds, Vol+ button (with almost all known combinations with the powered button) doesn't even detect that it's in my PC with the "NO RCM". Rinse and repeated it too. Switch "dying" on day 2 on stanby without any games running is weird since I've always done that before. Once my local game shop knows whats wrong or doesn't, I'll give you guys the update..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol