Hacking Switch Backlight On + RCM but Nothing else seems to work

rockjaw14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, looking for help before turning completely mad.

I bought an unpatched Switch a couple of years ago and have used it without problems ever since with AMS + HEKATE with AUTO RCM active.

On day, I realize that the console had been disconnected from the charging dock for an indefinite time.
I tried to charge it but without success. Even after 48 hours charging, the battery indicator was absent and any attempt to connect it to the PC for payload injection failed.
I initially thought the battery was grounded. I took a replacement but it had no effect.
I then tried to restore the SD, but inserting it into the PC I realized that it had become unreadable by any device. I recovered a spare 16GB SD on which I installed the same version of the last working AMS release (I had a backup on my pc).

The problem seemed solved: Tegra showed Connected RCM, I successfully injected heckate payload and booted AMS. I navigated through the various menus to check the functionality of joycons, touchscreen and everything else, turned off the Switch, extracted the SD to load some NSP titles to be tested, loaded everything on the SD, got it in the Switch and plug the console to the PC.

Here the bad stuff happened: Tegra showed connected RCM, but upon injection of hekate, the console backlight turned on, but the screen stayed black.
Tegra's UI, which usually returns to red/disconnected when AMS successfully starts, now stays green, and I have no choice but to restart the Switch by holding the button down for 4-5 seconds.

After that i did dozens of retries, and I only managed to start the Switch once. I told myself that maybe upgrade to latest firmware using Daybreak would prove useful.
Firmware upgrade went smoothly and Switch was fully operational after the upgrade. But only until I turned of the console again to load some NTS on the SD.

And now it's gone for good.

Everytime I connect the switch to PC, tegra goes green and shows RCM connected, but when I try to inject any payload (hekate, fusee-primary, tegraexplorer), the backlight goes on but nothing boots, and the screen remains black and empty. After trying to inject fusee-primary, i tried to connect the Switch to TV dock, but it doesn't show anything.
The only difference between the payloads is with fusee, if I push the ON button, the backlight goes away for a second and comes back.

what is happening?!

Lenks

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Also try different device, or diffrent HIGH quality usb-c cable or even better RCM Loader device. Few weeks ago I had not the same, but similar problem where I was able to inject with RCM Loader, but not with my PC and turns out it was my usb-c cable going dead.

Reactions: rockjaw14

rockjaw14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
format the sd card as fat32 and put a clean copy of hetake and atmosphere on there.

I don't know man, you must be some kind of magician. I swear to gods I did this routine almost 4-5 times and never worked. After your post, I tried once again driven by the force of desperation and boom... everything works now.

Can I ask you some simple advice on how to win a lottery?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know man, you must be some kind of magician. I swear to gods I did this routine almost 4-5 times and never worked. After your post, I tried once again driven by the force of desperation and boom... everything works now.

Can I ask you some simple advice on how to win a lottery?
haha, closest thing would to be, buy cardano crypto before the 12th september

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I can't believe you got me with that +1