Hardware Switch back to 480i

xvishon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to set wii up on old crt screen but cant get past bootmii screen. as soon as I start the main wii it switches to 480p and tv wont show picture. i can run elfs and whatnot from boot mii. are ghere any that will change back 480i. I dont have the origanal cable ether only compnent so that wont work. :( I know there must be somthing i can run through bootmii but I have not run accross it yet.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Turn on the Wii without the AV cabled plugged in. Wait a few seconds, try to pair up the wii mote. Then plug in the AV cords. It should reset back to 480i, then go to the Settings and set it back to 480i

Reactions: Hielkenator

GodlerBing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn on the Wii without the AV cabled plugged in. Wait a few seconds, try to pair up the wii mote. Then plug in the AV cords. It should reset back to 480i, then go to the Settings and set it back to 480i
THANK YOU! I've been searching for this solution for quite a while. This worked perfectly in my situation, which is similar to the one in the original posting. I have an original Wii with a component-only cord. I used to plug it into an older flat-screen that had component inputs so I manually adjusted the output format to 480P to emjoy tue sharper image. However, since I've purchased newer tvs for my newer consoles, none have component inputs so I now just use the RCAs. Problem has been that I keep forgetting to order a Wii-to-HDMI cable and I didn't have any way to manually change the settings back to 480i.
Until now.

Your solution worked instantly. Thanks again.
Post automatically merged:

THANK YOU! I've been searching for this solution for quite a while. This worked perfectly in my situation, which is similar to the one in the original posting. I have an original Wii with a component-only cord. I used to plug it into an older flat-screen that had component inputs so I manually adjusted the output format to 480P to emjoy tue sharper image. However, since I've purchased newer tvs for my newer consoles, none have component inputs so I now just use the RCAs. Problem has been that I keep forgetting to order a Wii-to-HDMI cable and I didn't have any way to manually change the settings back to 480i.
Until now.

Your solution worked instantly. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr