Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on 2.0.0 and won't allow me to use eShop without updating anyway around this??
Updating the system would probably get around that prompt. Not really sure what else you're expecting to hear.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You usually can fully power off the system and the nag will go away. Might have been fixed though.

But yeah, don't know what you were expecting from GBAtempers as far as the comments before me.

Reactions: j0hnnyj0hns

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You usually can fully power off the system and the nag will go away. Might have been fixed though.

But yeah, don't know what you were expecting from GBAtempers as far as the comments before me.

I fully turned off the system and back on and still not letting me on eShop. Only wanted to see if there was a demo for MARIO Kart. Do you think there will have to be a system update to play mario kart offline? I don't play online at all on any of my systems

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of a catch-22. The only real workaround would be to wait for a version patch, which won't come out until the console is jailbroken. So either update or pray that no cartridges force you to upgrade.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I fully turned off the system and back on and still not letting me on eShop. Only wanted to see if there was a demo for MARIO Kart. Do you think there will have to be a system update to play mario kart offline? I don't play online at all on any of my systems
Oh, there definitely isn't a Mario Kart demo, so don't worry about that. Nobody can predict the future though, Mario Kart might come with an on-cart (or Kart lol) update that'll mean you'll have to be on that firmware to play it.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There used to be a DNS you could use that would get rid of the nag as well. But I guess that might have been a different scenario. If they performed maintenance on the Switch stuff I'm sure they fixed whatever it was.

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sacrifice Eshop for 2 years then (that the time to found a clue to start the research to start the developent on posible exploit). The last online maintance are for eshop and is independ of the console and now forces the updates on Switch.

steven89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there was a router block on another thread just dont make the mistake i and pop an micro sd card in as i got a forced update even with router block in place.
:( currently kicking my self try to find another 2.0 switch i was hoping for a demo be used in a hack tbh and wanted to get my self ready before nintendo pulls them

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can access the eShop on 2.0.0 without getting the update nag. Block the following URLs:

Code:
sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net
beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net

How you block them is up to you. If you can do it from within your router's settings that would be probably work best. My router doesn't block HTTPS traffic so I use LocalDNS (a DNS emulator) to block the above URLs. Using a public DNS could work depending on how it's configured. If it redirects the connection test page to a website then you won't be able to use the eShop as the Switch will think you are offline and will simply attempt to load the connection test page to test connection again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

there was a router block on another thread just dont make the mistake i and pop an micro sd card in as i got a forced update even with router block in place.
:( currently kicking my self try to find another 2.0 switch i was hoping for a demo be used in a hack tbh and wanted to get my self ready before nintendo pulls them

Did you block sun but not beach? I wouldn't worry about it anyway. I'm not going to stay on 2.0.0 for long. I'll update when there are useful features or fixes. The odds of you benefiting by staying on ancient firmware are slim to none. I still think it's a good idea to wait a bit before installing a new system update. They aren't uninstallable so I like to know what they do and if they break anything before I install them. 2.1.0 adds exFAT support, patches a Webkit exploit, and probably does fuck all else. Nothing that benefits me so I'll skip it.

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Just update, the 2.0.0 exploit won't get you anywhere anytime soon and by the time it does you probably can too on 2.1.0. In fact, by the time it's useful, 2.1.0 probably isn't the current firmware.
You're expecting too much if you want access to both at this point in time. Maybe in 5-7 years that's something you can expect.

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can restart my Switch, instantly press Eshop and still get on with 2.0.0.

Just tried again and it worked. Worked the other day too when I bought SSIV.

You have to select Eshop instantly after the restart to beat the nag.

Okay awesome. Probably won't get one eShop because I just wanted to see if there was a demo for Mario Kart. Lol

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay awesome. Probably won't get one eShop because I just wanted to see if there was a demo for Mario Kart. Lol
No worries, if you're absolutley set on staying 2.0.0 then my advice is buy anything you want on eshop as soon as you can because this workaround won't last for long I imagine.

I will update when there's a reason to though tbh, something good like Xenoblade.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No worries, if you're absolutley set on staying 2.0.0 then my advice is buy anything you want on eshop as soon as you can because this workaround won't last for long I imagine.

I will update when there's a reason to though tbh, something good like Xenoblade.
Not to claim I know anything about it: But that method shouldn't disappear, right?
I mean, the only way to block that method of accessing the eShop before the nag comes, would be via an update.... right? :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.