OP
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I am pretty new to this side but I want something precis.
Any one can suggest me a capture card that is compatible with Switch and also that show a real time console on pc ?

I mean before I used a Dazzle for Wii to get my wii on Windows.
I just want similar for Switch for two reason, playing on my computer monitor without changing computer config or monitor source.
And get my playback time to time recorded/streamed
I can't seem to figure out what would be the right choice for that, so any help would be appreciated.
(Btw I'm sure if that could be posted it but as it is just for switch i though it would be good.)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You just need an HDMI splitter for the HDMI output of the dock, no other magic fuckey required. One side goes from the dock to the capture card, the other side goes to your TV/monitor like normal.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Any HDMI capture card works. There is no HDCP now, HDCP can be controlled software side though, so they could add it later on I suppose. This would probably be a requirement if they want Netflix to provide an app for the console, for example. And knowing Nintendo..giving us an option to disable HDCP if it gets added at some point? :unsure:

Anyway, if you want to play it back real time on the PC you'll need at least USB 3.0 if you're going with an external card. AverMedia's Live Gamer Extreme works quite well for me. The USB 3 or the internal Elgato would also work, and the best of the best is probably Blackmagics stuff. I used an Intensity Pro, was amazing, their newer ones are just too expensive though for me personally.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any HDMI capture card works. There is no HDCP now, HDCP can be controlled software side though, so they could add it later on I suppose. This would probably be a requirement if they want Netflix to provide an app for the console, for example. And knowing Nintendo..giving us an option to disable HDCP if it gets added at some point? :unsure:

Anyway, if you want to play it back real time on the PC you'll need at least USB 3.0 if you're going with an external card. AverMedia's Live Gamer Extreme works quite well for me. The USB 3 or the internal Elgato would also work, and the best of the best is probably Blackmagics stuff. I used an Intensity Pro, was amazing, their newer ones are just too expensive though for me personally.

The Wii U had HDCP for streaming apps but not anything else, I would assume the Switch would be the same way.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
OP
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France

Okay thanks you have gave name of things I was not sure so I will tr to follow your suggestion :)

Reactions: Shadowfied

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii U had HDCP for streaming apps but not anything else, I would assume the Switch would be the same way.
Pretty sure I've had Netflix output to my card without it being hooked to my splitter. I'd check but I dropped Netflix after DWP. I can still get to the menu. You telling me it kicks in right as you start streaming?

Edit: Crunchyroll works as well.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure I've had Netflix output to my card without it being hooked to my splitter. I'd check but I dropped Netflix after DWP. I can still get to the menu. You telling me it kicks in right as you start streaming?

from what I have read, it does. normally I would test stuff like that before posting to avoid being wrong but I have no HDMI capture card and my last non-HDCP display (old 720p CRT with DVI) was recycled.

if it worked for you in the past, I am probably incorrect.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about using this one, is a upgrade to the previous one, this one can capture 1080P at 60FPS instead of 30, and still do all the same stuff. PC free Mode capture and all that. :)

en-game-capture-gaming-avermedia-live-gamer-portable-2.jpg

Baoulettes

The lonely man
OP
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
That's what I use, and I can vouch for that it works. Make sure your computer / laptop meets the minimum specs and has at least 1 USB 3 port, of course.
I've got a decent comp for that I think^^
AMD FX-8350
Nvidia gtx 1070
16gb ram
and several usb 3 ports that I do not use "in case a device require it"
But strangly their diagnosis tools say I can not handle the device even though it see my usb 3 etc

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a decent comp for that I think^^
AMD FX-8350
Nvidia gtx 1070
16gb ram
and several usb 3 ports that I do not use "in case a device require it"
But strangly their diagnosis tools say I can not handle the device even though it see my usb 3 etc
Oh hell yeah you'll have no issues spec wise lol

That diagnostic thing sounds weird as hell, probably bullshit :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Edit: Crunchyroll works as well.
What's DWP?
Hello,
I am pretty new to this side but I want something precis.
Any one can suggest me a capture card that is compatible with Switch and also that show a real time console on pc ?

I mean before I used a Dazzle for Wii to get my wii on Windows.
I just want similar for Switch for two reason, playing on my computer monitor without changing computer config or monitor source.
And get my playback time to time recorded/streamed
I can't seem to figure out what would be the right choice for that, so any help would be appreciated.
(Btw I'm sure if that could be posted it but as it is just for switch i though it would be good.)
The most popular ones for HD recordings seem to be Elgato Game Capture HD (USB) and HD60 (PCI-e) and to a lesser degree the AverMedia ones.
Any of them should do the job just fine.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
By the way, don't go cheap like I did with something like an EZCap/AGPTek 280 , as its life expectancy is short. The recording is pretty good, but.... Well..... It breaks easily. I was particularly unlucky and it broke after less than 1 month. Now I have an AVerMedia LGP Lite. It can't do 1080p60 but it is nice.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat