Hacking Question Switch (AMS 19.5): Daybreak fails to "apply firmware update" (12.1.0)

aldo3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi there,

I am running latest Atmosphere and Hekate versions on my Switch Lite with SX Lite (EmuMMC). When I try to update the firmware from 11.0 to 12.1.0 via AIO and install via Daybreak, I get an error saying "failed to apply update", even though Daybreak validated the update. The same happens when I manually download the FW files from darthsternie. Same happens with lower firmware versions too (e.g. 12.0).

Does anyone know what causes this problem? Thanks.

Last edited by aldo3,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I am running latest Atmosphere and Hekate versions on my Switch Lite with SX Lite (EmuMMC). When I try to update the firmware from 11.0 to 12.1.0 via AIO and install via Daybreak, I get an error saying "failed to apply update", even though Daybreak validated the update. The same happens when I manually download the FW files from darthsternie. Same happens with lower firmware versions too (e.g. 12.0).

Does anyone know what causes this problem? Thanks.
Did you check to see if the SD card is fake or not?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happen when you try to update manually without using AIO updater, also regardless where you get the card from you should always test the card.

aldo3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Manually, as in download the FW files from darthsternie and try to install with Daybreak? Same error (could not apply update).

SD Card works and has been tested. Happens with different SD card too.

shim80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to update using Daybreak, and I rebooted when they asked for.
But now I have black screen (and turning off) when I try to launch emunand...

Update: When I send payload in RCM mode to launch Hekate after the switch turned off, I get :
Panic occured while running Atmosphere.
Title ID: 0100000000000000
Error: UNK (0x6)

deejay87

Trophies
Website
deejay87.fr
XP
Country
France
The SD card is authentic, bought it from Amazon.
Nothing is authentic if you don't test :) Use "h2testw" to be sure of this, i help hundreds of people and you can't imagine how many bad sd cards people have
And i never see a "bug" with daybreak and same thing, lot of people do this everydays :)

Reactions: osaka35

dyoinks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having the same problem trying to update to 12.1.0 from 11.0.0. Tested my sd with hstestw, no issues. Everything validates fine, it just has a problem with applying and gives me this error:

Applying update...
Failed to apply update.
Result: 0x001b5c02

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I'm having the same problem trying to update to 12.1.0 from 11.0.0. Tested my sd with hstestw, no issues. Everything validates fine, it just has a problem with applying and gives me this error:

Applying update...
Failed to apply update.
Result: 0x001b5c02

Maybe a longshot, but have you tried a FW in between 11 and 12.1

dyoinks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe a longshot, but have you tried a FW in between 11 and 12.1

Just tried with 12.0.1, got the same 0x001b5c02 error.

Some other problems that might be related: when I run Lockpick_RCM I get an "Unable to open SD seed vector. Skipping. Unable to get SD Seed" error. And when I try to dump my 12.1.0 firmware with tegraexplorer (instead of using darthsternie's) it just freezes and I have to force shutdown.

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Just tried with 12.0.1, got the same 0x001b5c02 error.

Some other problems that might be related: when I run Lockpick_RCM I get an "Unable to open SD seed vector. Skipping. Unable to get SD Seed" error. And when I try to dump my 12.1.0 firmware with tegraexplorer (instead of using darthsternie's) it just freezes and I have to force shutdown.
That sounds to me like a corrupted SD card, try with another if you have

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There is a reason why Darth provide MD5. Check them after the download so the download aint broken

dyoinks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is a reason why Darth provide MD5. Check them after the download so the download aint broken

Yeah checked, hash is the same.

Well could be your files that got corrupted on the other card

Oh dang, I just created a brand new emummc from scratch on a new blank card and it applied the update sucessfully. So you're right, some file on the card did corrupt. I'm gonna go format the original one and try again.

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yeah checked, hash is the same.

Oh dang, I just created a brand new emummc from scratch on a new blank card and it applied the update sucessfully. So you're right, some file on the card did corrupt. I'm gonna go format the original one and try again.
Atleast you found the source of the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters