Hacking Switch able to charge, but unable to turn on

lg2113

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I've got a SX Pro modded switch, the previous users mentioned that he docked the switch and halfway thru gaming, it turn black screen.

I tried to give it a charge with official charger, it gave a trickle charge of 15 v 0.08A charge. The battery side feels warm when left charging. To me its a "good" sign that it is charging....

But the console couldn't turn on.

I tried TegraRCM Gui method to inject Payload via PC but it says NO RCM detected. I even made Jig but no avail...

anyone has a solution to this? Would greatly appreciate it~!

Edit:
SX Pro version: Beta 2.9.3
Firmware: 9.2

Last edited by lg2113,

ricdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how good is the jig you made? have you used it before? when i first hacked my switch it was very tricky to make a jig and even the one i bought had to be in exactly the right spot to make the magic happen. Thank god for auto RCM! hope you get it working

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
How long did you leave it trickle charging? The battery was likely drained, when I ran into this I left it for at least an hour before I've gotten it to boot. Since you're only seeing a black screen I wouldn't be surprised if AutoRCM was already enabled.

lg2113

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
how good is the jig you made? have you used it before? when i first hacked my switch it was very tricky to make a jig and even the one i bought had to be in exactly the right spot to make the magic happen. Thank god for auto RCM! hope you get it working

I 3D printed it using a paperclip as the jig. I even tried using the Aluminum foil trick. I'll look into it further!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How long did you leave it trickle charging? The battery was likely drained, when I ran into this I left it for at least an hour before I've gotten it to boot. Since you're only seeing a black screen I wouldn't be surprised if AutoRCM was already enabled.

I left it trickle charge the whole day, and apparently, it still didnt boot up :(

the previous owner said he didn't activate it

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the jig isn't working so well, or the paperclip used is non conductive
Tinfoil method is also a bit iffy and requires lots of trial and error (I attempted it atleast 10 or so times before getting it right)

lg2113

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Sounds like the jig isn't working so well, or the paperclip used is non conductive
Tinfoil method is also a bit iffy and requires lots of trial and error (I attempted it atleast 10 or so times before getting it right)

Paper clip is fine, tested on multimeter, i agree on the iffy-ness of any DIY jig.

skinnyBIGGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lmfao damn 10x i get right everytime make sure its thick enough when folded and you can use a small piece of tape to keep tinfoil in place.. try expirementing with adding tape guarentee you.ll have the switch booting within the 1st try

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate