United States
How about naming it Swiiss?
tongue.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

It's programmed for GC, and it's a gamecube application. The fact that you will be able to run it on a wii, will be a side effect.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jordan_ch said:
wacko.gif
it appears impossibly for me to play NGC games purely with usbloader+HDD........
New to the wii hacking scène, eh? We've been waiting/looking/searching for that for about as long as it became possible to play wii games from hard disk. The short answer is: it ain't gonna happen (the long answer includes all sorts of technical stuff about sneek and dios mios).

@pippin: it's a bit shortsighted, don't you think? Giving it that "ii" in its name will make people believe the wii is supported. It isn't...if it works on a wii, it's almost accidental.
EDIT: ...what Wiipower already said, in other words

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
WiiPower said:

It's programmed for GC, and it's a gamecube application. The fact that you will be able to run it on a wii, will be a side effect.
It's not a side effect since the Wii fully supports GC homebrew. It will have the same functionality. The only difference between running it on Wii and running it on GC is that you dont have to modfiy system titles like IOS on GC since the GC dont have such things. At least that's what emu_kidid said at his site.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually i'm not so sure anymore if swiss will work on a wii. To me it sounds like emu_kidid hasn't run it yet on a wii, and he made some changes related to calling the gamecube IPL. That might be something that breaks the compatiblity. Ok, i still think that the worst case is that somebody needs to take the swiss source and make it wii compatible, but it may take a while.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hm..well swiss is designed to work with the IDE-EXI. At emu_kidids web store it says it's compatible with GC and Wii: http://gcforever.bigcartel.com/product/gc-ide-hdd-loader

If it works with Wii, there's a good chance swiss will work with Wii too.

A mentionworthy quote from emu_kidid:

The IDE-EXI does NOT mean you will be able to boot up HBC and then Swiss/SDBoot to magically load backups from hdd on the Wii. On the Wii it will either require hacked MIOS to boot the DOL or a drivechip. //Source

And here is the quote from him regarding the differences of running swiss on GC and Wii:

Foxi4: That's not what I meant. What I meant was that on the GC you will *supposedly* have access to some exclusive functions that are unavailable on the Wii. I'm wondering to what extent the Wii-booted application will be inferior to that on the GameCube.

emu_kidid: Foxi4, only thing I can think of is being able to read dvd-r natively on the GC without a mod. //Source

Oh, here is the google code site: http://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/
Sadly with no code at this time.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Source is already on svn: http://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/source/list

Already compiled here, going to test
smile.gif

Readme said:
Swiss 0.1 (svn revision 2)

Current Features:
- Load DOL from SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Load GCM/ISO from Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Multi-Game DVD-R support (Cobra/GCOS)
- Multi-Disc support Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Disc Ripping to SD/SDHC/HDD (WIP)
- Region free / Video forcing (WIP)
- Full cheat engine for all games (update it via SD/SDHC)
*HDD features require a IDE-EXI or homemade adapter
**SD features require a SDGecko or homemade adapter

IMPORTANT:
- 480P video mode forcing is Work in Progress - it may not work at all yet!
- Disc dumping is known to corrupt some HDD's - still work in progress!

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a compiled .dol was just posted with this readme:

Readme:

Swiss 0.1 (svn revision 2)

Current Features:
- Load DOL from SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Load GCM/ISO from Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Multi-Game DVD-R support (Cobra/GCOS)
- Multi-Disc support Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD
- Disc Ripping to SD/SDHC/HDD (WIP)
- Region free / Video forcing (WIP)
- Full cheat engine for all games (update it via SD/SDHC)
*HDD features require a IDE-EXI or homemade adapter
**SD features require a SDGecko or homemade adapter

IMPORTANT:
- 480P video mode forcing is Work in Progress - it may not work at all yet!
- Disc dumping is known to corrupt some HDD's - still work in progress!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering, does it HAVE to be an SD Gecko if I want to run the GC ISOs from an SDHC card or is there cheaper alternatives?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Harsky said:
Just wondering, does it HAVE to be an SD Gecko if I want to run the GC ISOs from an SDHC card or is there cheaper alternatives?
An SD Gecko IS cheap. Can't need any cheaper. An SD gecko is just a pass through device, it has no electronics, just redirects the pins from a standard sd card as thats all a GC memory card is.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Donkey Plonk said:
Harsky said:
An SD Gecko IS cheap. Can't need any cheaper. An SD gecko is just a pass through device, it has no electronics, just redirects the pins from a standard sd card as thats all a GC memory card is.
Any recommended site? Also, is the dol too large to be used as a plugin for the Viper Extreme modchip?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Harsky said:
Donkey Plonk said:
Harsky said:
Any recommended site? Also, is the dol too large to be used as a plugin for the Viper Extreme modchip?
No idea on the modchip call, don't own a gamecube modchip.
And as for recommended sites. Nah, never bought one.
I know people sometimes link deal extreme for them on here though so give them a go

Oh sod it, heres the link.
You've got me buying one now too they're so cheap. Might aswell get one just in case I ever want to play some gamecube games. To be honest I've got hundreds of wii games here I still am dying to get through. And only played 1 loads since I got back into the scene a couple of months ago. Donkey Kong, just can't start anything else till I get 200%, lol.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/wiikey-sd-car...er-for-wii-3993

Change of plan, I ordered mine from Amazon marketplace. £1.99 + £1.99 delivery

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For anyone who want to try this on the Wii, don't bother. App will not start on wii.
So it is kinda misleading having this in "Wii Discussions".

Really looking forward to see where this is going though
biggrin.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tested, no lucky using progressive scan on my games. At least F-Zero GX is 100% playable now.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Harsky said:

Any cheap GC memory card sd card adapater should do it.

QUOTE(Stigmatic @ Feb 1 2011, 01:48 PM) For anyone who want to try this on the Wii, don't bother. App will not start on wii.
So it is kinda misleading having this in "Wii Discussions".

Really looking forward to see where this is going though
biggrin.gif

http://gbatemp.net/t277350-wii-swiss-booter
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=371

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou