Swipe Knight lead developer: Interview and Community Q&A!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Qtis, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Qtis
    OP

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    [​IMG]

The indie scene has progressed forwards during the last few years faster than anyone could have imagined. Success has been seen both with console exclusive games as well as games released on multiple platforms. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo have all taken a positive attitude to bringing new titles to their consoles without the need for help from large publishers such as Activision Blizzard, Ubisoft or Electronic Arts.

A few days ago, I saw a chance to contacting a relatively new developer responsible for a completely new Wii U indie title. The result of the messaging back and forth is this interview with Tommy Nordered, the lead developer of Swipe Knight (working title).

For anyone wanting to see more information on the game and its development, Tommy has a thread on GBAtemp and of course the Indiegogo page. Tommy has also agreed to answer all questions here on the thread, so if you ever wished for a chance to ask an indie game developer something, it's now!

Thank you for reading and hopefully you liked the interview. Any comments and suggestions regarding the interview and its formatting are more than welcome via PM to me :)

natkoden, Logan97, EZ-Megaman and 3 others like this.
  2. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Fantastic insightful interview! Really looking forward to the game and I hope it does well for you!

DirtyMangle likes this.
  3. Qtis
    OP

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Just in case someone missed the last part of the interview: Tommy is here via DirtyMangle on GBAtemp :)

DirtyMangle likes this.
  4. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Hope the game is a success and thus far profitable for him.

Personally, after seeing the trailer of it and that it's like a rail-based game (the character moves automatically after X is done, from what I seen) I was turned off from it but it has potential to be an awesome game.

DirtyMangle likes this.
  5. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    The more of this I see the more i like the look of it, best of luck with it Tommy, i look forward to trying this one day

6. vettacossx

vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Sep 19, 2008
    Right Behind You! Uh Oh!
    As an aspiring developer and someone who has spent over a decade modding and hacking and programming it is always encouraging to hear a story like this one :) best of luck and how about the 3ds Swipe knight ;) looks like a game that would also be fun with a stylus :D and the concept of traditional platformer elements being added is classy I like your style Tommy!​
    "Janus" looks like an ANON...
    Nice! lulz
    :) ty for remembering your roots sir! much respect for that :D
    ALSO TY FOR POSTING THIS INTERVIEW QTIS, WHAT A GREAT POST/READ!