❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
When submitting a post, the post field messes with SwiftKey's autocorrect and predictive typing. This isn't a bug with SwiftKey as it only happens with GBATemp's post submission field. I have to type really slow for it to not happen. Here's an example:
Screenshot_20171220-184719.png
SwiftKey is free, so anyone can test this. The Chrome build is 64.0.3282.123.

Edit: The fix has been pushed to the stable build. Update now.

Last edited by Joom,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It definitely has something to do with auto-completion, punctuation, and spacing (with SwiftKey specifically since it auto-completes after these).
Yepp! The thing is, if you wait a little bit and then press the correct word. It will work most of the times. It's very strange but as I say. I think the quick reply gets picked up either by the browser or swiftkey that it acts like a password field. That would explain the problems with autocorrecting words, since not all passwords are correctly spelled etc.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use SwiftKey Beta with Via Browser normally (which uses Chrome's webview and works fine on here). Im now using SwiftKey Beta and latest Chrome to test and it works perfectly fine. Ive never had the described issue with anything.
I'm using a Huawei Y6 2017 on its stock rom which is EMUI 4.1 on Android 6.0.

Reactions: Joom

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I use SwiftKey Beta with Via Browser normally (which uses Chrome's webview and works fine on here). Im now using SwiftKey Beta and latest Chrome to test and it works perfectly fine. Ive never had the described issue with anything.
I'm using a Huawei Y6 2017 on its stock rom which is EMUI 4.1 on Android 6.0.
This is great information. It narrows it down to SwiftKey. The beta works just fine. Though this also implies that other keyboards (including SwiftKey) don't conform to browser standards.

Reactions: Seriel

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've 5euro paid Swiftkey for android, and i wrote tons of arguments and prediction work so well, this program now thinks like me and predicts my words, ALL SWIFTKEY USERS: shake mha hand!

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm also experiencing issues with predictions with SwiftKey and Chrome now. Sometimes the space key doesn't work properly either.

D

Deleted-379826

I've had this happen before to me as well with stock Samsung web browser and keyboard. Was weird indeed.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to report that this issue has been fixed in SwiftKey stable. Everyone using it should update. The thread can also be closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.