431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cat Fur?? Wtf, you serious? Any who Its going to be awhile till I Jtag, I was looking for my diodes and shit and cant find any of it, here my wife said she through it all out cause it looked like trash because I had it in an old shopping bag. I just told her she is barred from my PC/electronics hacking room.

I just told her she needs to keep her cat outta here too!

I'm really pissed I was looking forward to playing some Halo:Reach (got it downloading now) this week.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
also, my drive is a samsung/toshiba ms28 so should i decide to flash it (just for the hell of it) then it should be rather easy accoding to what i've read
I did so you can run xex menu from disc as it is one of the easiest ways to actually get started with installing things.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just as an aside- if you have a JTAG machine you can grab the DVD keys that way* (indeed many JTAG machines are ones people messed up getting the keys from and boxed for a few years) and dumping the keys is usually the hardest step in DVD flashing. On the other hand samsung and benq drives are really easy to flash.

*several options- easiest is get your CPU key and open a NAND dump in 360 flash tool, same for keyvault editors.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
now this is just silly
the torx screwdriver (which it turns out is the wrong size and is un-needed anyway due to me already having one the right size) i ordered from dx the next day arrived but the power cable has not yet ;-;
i'm getting to the point where i'll go out and buy one for rrp from a local eb
but they don't even sell the 203W ones anymore
ohnoes.png

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
hey mercluke, i assume you only got the console itself, rather than all the parts. is this correct? and if so, how do you know it works and/or how do you know its jtag'able?
Pretty much in the same boat here atm, so should probably start buying all these parts to check it out.
if i may ask, what have you spent thus far on your parts? i ask, because as i said, am now too going to buy exactly all the same parts from a few of the same places.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
overlord00 said:
hey mercluke, i assume you only got the console itself, rather than all the parts. is this correct? and if so, how do you know it works and/or how do you know its jtag'able?
Pretty much in the same boat here atm, so should probably start buying all these parts to check it out.
if i may ask, what have you spent thus far on your parts? i ask, because as i said, am now too going to buy exactly all the same parts from a few of the same places.
What i have bought so far:
- got an official controller (the black matte one you get with 360 S.) + play and cgarge kit for like $70 aud (rrp is like 99 iirc but i work there, also i had a 50 gift card so i was only 20 out of pocket)
- component cables www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22028
- 203w power brick that supports the 240v inputs here in aussie land (you may need diff depending on location and 360 model) www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24941
-empty hdd shell www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25939
-wd3200bevt (because wd2500bvet is not made anymore) can be found inside a 320gb wd elements external selling for $88 aud at dick smith (ended up being 54.42 out of my pocket
biggrin.gif
)

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
The bridge and diodes are left in place for the JTAG. Also if your planning on JTAGing then you don't need the specific HDD, you can just use any HDD and it can be used at it's max capacity.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
mercluke said:
overlord00 said:
What i have bought so far:
- got an official controller (the black matte one you get with 360 S.) + play and cgarge kit for like $70 aud (rrp is like 99 iirc but i work there, also i had a 50 gift card so i was only 20 out of pocket)

what the shit! I got my first play and charge kit for $35 aud at EB Games and then another one for $30 aud at JB HI-FI

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
PettingZoo said:
what the shit! I got my first play and charge kit for $35 aud at EB Games and then another one for $30 aud at JB HI-FI
Notice the addition sign?
It's play and charge and matte black wireless gamepad

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
As an external or within the hdd casing?
yeah, theres some sort of coolness with XBR/FreeBoot where they can use ANY HDD (both 2.5" or 3.5")... pics to come... brb pics here >>

WARNING LARGE PICTURES!!!!!!
7DbhT.jpg

Gpnww.jpg

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
overlord: man, if i knew that i would've gone for 1tb
frown.gif

just a quick thought: the wiring pic i have mentions xell storing a backup image on the nand (similar to bootmii as boot2, i'd assume) is it possible that when the last owner unjtagged, he just flashed the official dashboard and left the xell backup image on the nand, if so i wouldn't need to bother about unretiring my old xp box to use the lpt port, would i?
tongue.gif

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
well, maybe, if its still in its JTAG'd state underneath the lack of current wiring, then it shouldnt boot when you dont have the wires in... thats to say if you do have the wires in, and it boots, and you can run unsigned xex's, then, its even better than you thought.

if this person restored it to its original 6xxx kernel, chances are that you ARE going to have to flash it yourself.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
now, this is beyond ridiculous.
the components which only shipped two days ago due to crappy website design have now arrived and yet i'm still waiting on this power cord.
what are you doing dx, pull your finger out!
mad.gif

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
excuse the double post...

so power cord arrived today along with hdd shell and component cables but i'm having a bit of trouble with nandpro
frown.gif

i have wired the lpt up like so:
U93J1.jpg

ensuring black strip is right way around for diodes, checking connections, etc but when i plug it into my lpt and type
Code:
NandPro lpt: -r2 c1.bin
i get this error
Code:
Testing LPT device address:0378
Testing LPT device address:0278
Testing LPT device address:03BC
Could not detect a flash controller!
Can not continue

i have tried with and without the optional diode and no luck
i also made sure i installed port95nt.exe beforehand and rebooted the pc when prompted to...

would anyone happen to know what i am doing wrong?

extra info: 32 bit pc, tiny xp

edit: also, my wd3200bevt that was hddhackr'd with 250gb hdd's hddss.bin doesn't seem to be recognised by the xbox
would this be a case of the 250gb hdd not existing when this dash was current (blade dash, 2.0.6xxx

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lpt port can be a right pain. If ones available, I'd simply try another one. If not check your wiring, make sure it's fine. Also how long are the wires?, they should be as short as possible. There's also the possibility that your lpt is 3.3v, not 5, if that's the case, you have to lose the resistors. Also you do have it plugged in right?, powersupply has to be plugged into it and switched on (not the xbox, just the powersupply) before it'll pick the flash controller up.

Hdd, I'm not sure. I think such an old dash should recognise it, I don't think there was any limit, I wouldn't worry about it. Just see if it shows once it's jtag'd. If it doesn't you can just use the undo function of hddhackr and just use as normal (jtag box will use any hdd fine).

Dvd drive issue, is more than likely the laser, either it's dirty or pretty much dead.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Armadillo said:
Lpt port can be a right pain. If ones available, I'd simply try another one. If not check your wiring, make sure it's fine. Also how long are the wires?, they should be as short as possible. There's also the possibility that your lpt is 3.3v, not 5, if that's the case, you have to lose the resistors. Also you do have it plugged in right?, powersupply has to be plugged into it and switched on (not the xbox, just the powersupply) before it'll pick the flash controller up. yeah, i made sure it was plugged in but not powered on and stuff like that, how would i go about telling if my lpt port is 3.3v? is there a way for me to tell without riskinbg my 360 by removing the resistors?

Hdd, I'm not sure. I think such an old dash should recognise it, I don't think there was any limit, I wouldn't worry about it. Just see if it shows once it's jtag'd. If it doesn't you can just use the undo function of hddhackr and just use as normal (jtag box will use any hdd fine). so i guess i'll need to wait for jtag to save games
frown.gif

Dvd drive issue, is more than likely the laser, either it's dirty or pretty much dead. guess that's not really a problem once i get it jtagged and loading from hdd. anyway, thanks for the replies Armadillo
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool