+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well im just came back from the theather, and I found the movie excellent, the songs are awesome, Johnny Deep and Helena B. Carter voices are surprising good, sure maybe they got them boosted in the studios, but it's good, it's a movie after all. The actor play is perfect, the visual are mindblowing, the killing scene are just okay, Violent but not too much. 5 stars for me. (I really liked the fact that even thought I saw the french version, the songs were in english, subtitles in french.)

Akoji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Loll never I would try that reckless thing, It's hard in my country, even more in Montréal, Since a lot of pirated movie comes from there, so the security is quite high. But im quite sure you can find it on the interweb.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, being both a Tim Burton and theater fan, I found the movie to be awful. They cut out some of the best parts of Sweeney Todd, and in translation to the screen it lost most of it's charm from the stage.

On film, most of the scenes with Todd singing are just a static shot of him singing -- boring. On stage, there are dozens of actors milling around, tons of action going on.

However, Burton did the blood and murder perfectly. Depp was a great Todd, and Carter was a great Mrs. Lovett. I'd recommend spending $25 and seeing it on stage instead, though.

Akoji

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, when you live in montréal, if you want to see the musical it's cost way more. Ticket to New-York+Hotel+Musical Tickets.
So im happy with the movie, and I think that the still shots of the actors were filmed in a good way so that you can feel what's the characther feel when he sings.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Meh, I might go see it it when it finally comes out over here. Although I am a bit dissapointed that they took out Anthony Stewart Head's part. But at least he still has a minor part in the film.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.