Swearing In A Movie Preview

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I went and saw Step Brothers with my girlfriend a few days ago, and there was a preview for Pineapple Express, and everyone was laughing, and then out of nowhere, some woman said 'fuck' in the preview. I was like 'What the fuck, they can say that in a preview?' and my girlfriend suggested since we were seeing a movie rated 14A, they were able to play that. It still didn't seem right to me. What do you guys think? Would you be surprised to hear swearing during a preview? Should they be able to swear in movie previews?

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Step Brothers rated R? I think if the movie that comes after the preview is rated equal or higher they should be able to. But if they were playing the trailer before WALL-E for example, it shouldn't be allowed.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Previews are rated too, maybe the preview you watched was for mature audiences. I know for a fact that none of the T.V. commercials for Step Brothers has any swearing.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
science said:
So I went and saw Step Brothers with my girlfriend a few days ago, and there was a preview for Pineapple Express, and everyone was laughing, and then out of nowhere, some woman said 'fuck' in the preview. I was like 'What the fuck, they can say that in a preview?' and my girlfriend suggested since we were seeing a movie rated 14A, they were able to play that. It still didn't seem right to me. What do you guys think? Would you be surprised to hear swearing during a preview? Should they be able to swear in movie previews?

Of course it should be allowed, you we're going to see a movie where it is rated so they can say fuck any time they want.

What are you, a member of Mothers Against Canada? (whoever gets the reference first wins a prize)

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
What are you, a member of Mothers Against Canada? (whoever gets the reference first wins a prize)

(M.A.D.D ? (Mothers against drunk driving))

Ahh, yeah i went to see step brothers with my brothers and their friends and i heard this preview as well. But i agree, if the movie was wall-e it wouldnt be acceptable but due to the circumstances, it was acceptable. If there were younger children in there during that movie then it was the parent's fault not the movie theater's or "They who make/rate movie previews".

Oh yeah, this is my first post
happy.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
science said:

Of course it should be allowed, you we're going to see a movie where it is rated so they can say fuck any time they want.

Not sure but is it South Park?
Or the Movie? Not sure...
sleep.gif

Then they find out the little weirdo baby is canadian? not sure...

EDIT: Yup, it was the mvie, when cartman lit his fart on fire and blamed the movie...

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lostsoul5673 said:
Mewgia said:
science said:

Not sure but is it South Park?
Or the Movie? Not sure...
sleep.gif

Then they find out the little weirdo baby is canadian? not sure...

EDIT: Yup, it was the mvie, when cartman lit his fart on fire and blamed the movie...
That's it!

You win today's no-prize (yay for more references)

Austinz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its just like TV, once its really late you start getting all the Phone Sex adverts, i guarantee they wouldnt be played during children shows at daytime.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After seeing The Dark Knight I don't think ratings count for anything anymore. Couldn't believe it when I found out that was a 12A
blink.gif

The actual swearing isn't that much of an issue to me, although I think that might be due to them being a bit more lenient with regards to sweaing on TV and stuff. Dunno what it's like in Canada/America though (although I've heard that they are quite strict with swearing on TV). I suspect that the only word likely to cause some sort of offense here would and needing a higher rating would be cunt.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Kids say "fuck" all the time. I shouldn't really matter if its a 13 and up movie. If it was Toy Story or something that would be a little odd, but teenagers say "fuck" all the time, so If they hear it in a movie it doesn't really matter.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
wtf.gif

Are those things really strict like that?
I couldn't care less if someone says fuck in a movie preview, and if the theater is full of 6-16 year olds..And nobody cares over here in Croatia..

We have movie previews with such words as fuck, motherfucker, shit, asshole etc. before movies like KungFu Panda, or Chronicles of Narnia.....Ratings over here means literally NOTHING!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1