Hacking Swapping Out External Hard Drives

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an External Hard Drive connected to my Wii U that is loaded up with games. It has recently been clicking (on it's way out), and I was wondering what the best method for copying all the games from the bad External to a new good External is?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Plug in the new one, then copy them over in the data management screen in the settings menu. Do NOT use the move function, because if a move fails halfway through, it will delete the source files as well, and you'll lose your files on the old drive.

Once they are copied over to the new drive, you can unplug the old drive while in the data management screen, as long as you aren't on the screen showing the old drive. Do not pull out the old drive while on the System Menu or the Wii U will crash.

Last edited by brienj,

Sharruken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could be wrong, but as far as I know, the only real method to do that is to unplug the old one from the Wii U, plug in the new one, formatting it with the Wii U, then plugging the old one in so that both are plugged in, then using the Wii U's data management to copy over to the new one, which... is incredibly slow

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plug in the new one, then copy them over in the data management screen in the settings menu. Do NOT use the move function, because if a move fails halfway through, it will delete the source files as well, and you'll lose your files on the old drive.

Once they are copied over to the new drive, you can unplug the old drive while in the data management screen, as long as you aren't on the screen showing the old drive. Do not pull out the old drive while on the System Menu or the Wii U will crash.

Simple, Easy process, thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night