Hacking Swapping ds lite shells

Dermy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I bought a SHOCK! clear case......and......I put my ds lite back together and when I turn it on the bottom screen flickers only. Can anyone help me? b/c I don't know what could be wrong. I checked the ribbon cable about 5 times. the microphone and wifi cable are connected too. Did I damage the top screen somehow?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So the DSL turns on and then the bottom screen flickers and then turns off?

If the top screen remains off, it is most likely a problem with that. IIRC the ribbon that the top screen is attached to runs inside the hinge, so it is likely that could be damaged while replacing the case. Just check the connections first, and if that doesn't do anything, see if the ribbon or screen has been damaged.

Dermy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the cable and connections, the cable didnt seem to be damaged in any way. I guess 5 hrs of being careful wasn't enough. Well, I guess the top screen or cable some how got damaged in the process.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DS turns itself off whenever something isn't connected, and seeing as you've said the microphone and wifi are plugged in, and that the bottom screen does turn on, this would suggest that it is indeed the top screen.

Dermy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird now I can get it to turn on to the menu and everything works fine except the top screen goes white and slowly fades to gray vertical lines. so really everything doesn't work fine. ugggggg i'll work on this tom.

Dermy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It finally works now! I took it apart again and first fixed the speaker that I had upside down then I connected and disconnected the ribbon cable a few times then got it working. The cable wasn't inserted in all the way apparently.
Here it is:
dslco8.jpg

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks awesome man! Going to buy a SHOCK clear case too. Everyone will compliment my transparent DS Lite
biggrin.gif
I just want something unique for my DS Lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM