Swapping ds lite shells

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Dermy, Jul 11, 2007.

Jul 11, 2007

Swapping ds lite shells by Dermy at 3:00 AM (846 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Dermy
    OP

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well I bought a SHOCK! clear case......and......I put my ds lite back together and when I turn it on the bottom screen flickers only. Can anyone help me? b/c I don't know what could be wrong. I checked the ribbon cable about 5 times. the microphone and wifi cable are connected too. Did I damage the top screen somehow?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    So the DSL turns on and then the bottom screen flickers and then turns off?

If the top screen remains off, it is most likely a problem with that. IIRC the ribbon that the top screen is attached to runs inside the hinge, so it is likely that could be damaged while replacing the case. Just check the connections first, and if that doesn't do anything, see if the ribbon or screen has been damaged.

3. Dermy
    OP

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I checked the cable and connections, the cable didnt seem to be damaged in any way. I guess 5 hrs of being careful wasn't enough. Well, I guess the top screen or cable some how got damaged in the process.

4. 4saken

Australia
    The DS turns itself off whenever something isn't connected, and seeing as you've said the microphone and wifi are plugged in, and that the bottom screen does turn on, this would suggest that it is indeed the top screen.

5. Saylient_Dreams

Member Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Make sure you got the ribbon cable seated well. That happened to me, and all I did was reseat the ribbon cable.

6. Dermy
    OP

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Weird now I can get it to turn on to the menu and everything works fine except the top screen goes white and slowly fades to gray vertical lines. so really everything doesn't work fine. ugggggg i'll work on this tom.

7. 4saken

Australia
    Definitely sounds like the top screens problems. Perhaps you can look into a replacement off eBay (just the screen)

8. Dermy
    OP

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It finally works now! I took it apart again and first fixed the speaker that I had upside down then I connected and disconnected the ribbon cable a few times then got it working. The cable wasn't inserted in all the way apparently.
    Here it is: [​IMG]

9. ghettobob

Member ghettobob GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Looks awesome man! Going to buy a SHOCK clear case too. Everyone will compliment my transparent DS Lite [​IMG] I just want something unique for my DS Lite.