swap the PS3 with a friend, worth?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx, Sep 9, 2015.

1. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx
    OP

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    Hey Guys,

I got a PS3 (CECH3004A | 4.70) a few days ago and I know that I'm not able to run a CFW on it :/
    It is a second Hand PS3 but it was not used very often (max ten times in a year).
    The PS3 has almost no traces of use

I want to ask a friend to swap the PS3 with me because he has the CECH2004A-Model with Firmware 4.76 (i guess) but he never wanted to get a CFW or any PS3-Mod.

Now I would persuade my friend to swap his PS3 with me

A questions about it.
    - Is it possible to transfer all stuff from one PS3 to the other PS3 (CECH-2004A to CECH-3004A)?

Is it worth for both? I will give him an extra controller, too.
    I know that he never wants to mod his PS3.

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Backup your respective consoles to a USB, format each console, and then restore the backups to the other consoles.

If he has no interest in CFW, then he's essentially getting a newer model PS3 for free. The only downside for him (that I can think of) is the time and effort it takes to backup and restore your consoles. The extra controller isn't necessary, but it's up to you.

3. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx
    OP

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    Thanks for the answer dude! :D

I would visit him for a weekend so there shouldn't be a problem with the time and effort it takes for the backup+restore.
    He has a PS4, so I don't think that he would really care xD