Swap places with any member

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
There is really not a lot to explore. If you saw any of the photos of it then you have seen most of what it has to offer.
I have some older but good tools I have cobbled together over the years (metalwork, woodwork, plastics, electronics, mechanics, masonry, sewing, few cooking implements), about 30 different flavours of electrical tape and other tapes, some dead electronics I variously use for parts to do something silly when I am too cheap to buy a modern box that does it all or when people want legacy stuff, some benches to do all that on, a computer, my clothes, a couple of chairs, some old game consoles + games and some books (engineering/woodwork/metalwork/electrics/electronics/building, historical engineering/[insert previous list]/..., fantasy-sci fi books, some historical "science for the everyman" books, some history books, some propaganda, and a few cooking books) that most people probably won't want to read as they are too old and outdated even if they otherwise do things in the field they cover (I travel far and wide in pursuit of them, or at least they are something I actively pursue when otherwise travelling far and wide, I don't have much in the way of competition, indeed the trick is getting there before someone decides they want the space more or asking people so they bring them next week as yes someone does actually want them).
If you have ever met a general tinkerer or someone that likes to fix everything then there will be nothing terribly new, and books wise make that an older one/one when you were younger as most usually only get a few books and use them until they croak (at which point I appear on the scene). Equally as that is not exactly a lucrative skillset these days most of the tools are not even that impressive compared to what similar people might have (good stuff does tend to cost now everybody can look it up on ebay rather than assuming it is only worth its scrap value). If not then why burn a teleport/body swap on that as you can probably find someone similar in even the smallest village (listen for machine sounds at various points)?

Maybe for you..

For me it is exciting to see such Dwellings. yeah.gif
Books,Books,Books.....Boxes with.....Nick Nacks.....

I love it to "explore" old Garages,Cellars....vain.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe for you..

For me it is exciting to see such Dwellings.View attachment 221323
Books,Books,Books.....Boxes with.....Nick Nacks.....

I love it to "explore" old Garages,Cellars....View attachment 221324

You think I have never ascended in the rafters of a house/garage or dug through a shed after someone died and we are clearing it out? I do it myself, watch it on TV (on the rare occasions I watch TV it is probably going to be such a show that does it), watch it on the internet, plan my walks so as to check for skips, and have friends that do the same.

With that said, and knowing full well that we tend to find out own circumstances to be mundane, I still have nothing of great interest save for maybe some of my games (figure I have a nice original xbox, gamecube and xbox 360 collection, also PAL N64 but eh). Anybody of any age I have ever met that has put even a half arsed effort into getting a collection of cool machine tools, tools, and books on said same far exceeds what I have.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You think I have never ascended in the rafters of a house/garage or dug through a shed after someone died and we are clearing it out? I do it myself, watch it on TV (on the rare occasions I watch TV it is probably going to be such a show that does it), watch it on the internet, plan my walks so as to check for skips, and have friends that do the same.

With that said, and knowing full well that we tend to find out own circumstances to be mundane, I still have nothing of great interest save for maybe some of my games (figure I have a nice original xbox, gamecube and xbox 360 collection, also PAL N64 but eh). Anybody of any age I have ever met that has put even a half arsed effort into getting a collection of cool machine tools, tools, and books on said same far exceeds what I have.

As said,you see your "Stuff" from your View.....

For me,a "Wooden Cookspoon" or an Emaille Geschirr (there is no Translation for this special and very,very sought after Tableware) is already a "Treasure".:)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As said,you see your "Stuff" from your View.....

For me,a "Wooden Cookspoon" or an Emaille Geschirr (there is no Translation for this special and very,very sought after Tableware) is already a "Treasure".:)
The house might be interesting, and maybe one of the sets of shelves, but the contents really are not -- if I had gone and worked in a supermarket as a shelf stacker (seldom a high paying job) and used that to fund it then I would have had more/better than I do (I chose to instead have free time and even less money -- my cheapo ancient lathe the other month ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/things-you-recently-bought-or-got.347639/page-587#post-8985763 ) really was most of my fun stuff money, fortunately we have all sat at home so I had nothing to spend it on and that was not so bad). Anything truly interesting is outside my price range unless it is the little old widow of someone that led my sort of life and now needs to get rid of things, and they are a bit thin on the ground these last few decades and usually sorted long before I get there.

Also that would seem to translate as enamel mug (or plate or jug or whatever it is). I don't have any nice old versions of that that I recall. The one with my screwdrivers in is just a few years old from a chain shop. The wooden spoons in the box are similarly ones I got brand new to replace some others but never put into circulation.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The house might be interesting, and maybe one of the sets of shelves, but the contents really are not -- if I had gone and worked in a supermarket as a shelf stacker (seldom a high paying job) and used that to fund it then I would have had more/better than I do (I chose to instead have free time and even less money -- my cheapo ancient lathe the other month ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/things-you-recently-bought-or-got.347639/page-587#post-8985763 ) really was most of my fun stuff money, fortunately we have all sat at home so I had nothing to spend it on and that was not so bad). Anything truly interesting is outside my price range unless it is the little old widow of someone that led my sort of life and now needs to get rid of things, and they are a bit thin on the ground these last few decades and usually sorted long before I get there.

Also that would seem to translate as enamel mug (or plate or jug or whatever it is). I don't have any nice old versions of that that I recall. The one with my screwdrivers in is just a few years old from a chain shop. The wooden spoons in the box are similarly ones I got brand new to replace some others but never put into circulation.

If you know,how it is to have/live with "not many Things" then you maybe now what I mean when I talk about "Treasures".
Old,really old Books....
Old Tableware/Plates with a pattern on it, you would normally be "killed" for this, you would take this type of tableware with you to a "designer home".....if I want to use it then it is maybe also healthier it have no rust.:)

Wooden Cucumber slicer.....
Flotte Lotte (for straining potatoes)....

but also a Box with PC "Nick Nack" from the 70s/80s maybe....
A Box with all type of Cables....

A Tape Recorder:
81_1.jpg

Mick Maus Magazines from the 60s/70s....
Old, tinny alarm Clocks..
10_f467b28306d4c30764946a60dac13913.jpg

That Stuff I expect to find in such Cellars/Dwellings....:rofl2:
No Matter in which Condition.....:)

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you know,how it is to have/live with "not many Things" then you maybe now what I mean when I talk about "Treasures".
Old,really old Books....
Old Tableware/Plates with a pattern on it, you would normally be "killed" for this, you would take this type of tableware with you to a "designer home".....if I want to use it then it is maybe also healthier it have no rust.:)

Wooden Cucumber slicer.....
Flotte Lotte (for straining potatoes)....

but also a Box with PC "Nick Nack" from the 70s/80s maybe....
A Box with all type of Cables....

A Tape Recorder:
View attachment 221343

Mick Maus Magazines from the 60s/70s....
Old, tinny alarm Clocks..
View attachment 221344

That Stuff I expect to find in such Cellars/Dwellings....:rofl2:
No Matter in which Condition.....:)
I clock that is as old as me. My mom got this when I was born. Calling 1977!
98222219-5FB9-4156-9B40-638EB4FE4ABA.jpeg

Oh boy, we are getting off topic now. I’ll start my own thread on the subject.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would swap with @Chary so as to be able to see how really annoying I must be with my constant PMs complaining about stuff I don't like or when I ask her for advice ect. But more importantly I would swap with Chary to be able to spend some time with her amazing dad :)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Never mind I'm switching with @Chary and make up some Texan lies.
Lies? Like what, that we call all soda, "cokes"? Or how most of Texans don't speak with an accent anymore? Or that if you go outside late at night you can hear people shooting guns for fun? Cuz those aren't lies

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Lies? Like what, that we call all soda, "cokes"? Or how most of Texans don't speak with an accent anymore? Or that if you go outside late at night you can hear people shooting guns for fun? Cuz those aren't lies
One of these things is not like the other.....
But yeah, I'll believe the Texan here. Especially since I have a bias for cat owners.

Last edited by GABO1423,

Deleted member 506316

100% Shit, 0% Post
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No but thanks for telling me what to avoid saying when I switch with you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita