sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright well im trying to boot a dvd+rw with swapmagic v3.6 plus and i do all that slide card after that i tap x and it just says not a valid ps2 disc.can anybody tell me what im doing wrong

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the disc finalized? You need to make sure you're burning the disc like it's a regular DVD-R. Also, are you using the slide tool correctly? You need to slide out the little switch, put the game in, then slide the switch back. For my 2.0 discs, if there's some sort of an error it'll just hang at the loading screen and be all red. If it's telling me that the disc is not a PS2 disc, this means I did something funky when I was using the slide tool, usually not slide the switch back and triggering the PS2 to read the tray as open.

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the disc finalized? You need to make sure you're burning the disc like it's a regular DVD-R. Also, are you using the slide tool correctly? You need to slide out the little switch, put the game in, then slide the switch back. For my 2.0 discs, if there's some sort of an error it'll just hang at the loading screen and be all red. If it's telling me that the disc is not a PS2 disc, this means I did something funky when I was using the slide tool, usually not slide the switch back and triggering the PS2 to read the tray as open.
yes the disc is finalized and yes im pretty sure im using the slide tool correctly but the thing is im not using dvd-r im using dvd+rw is that the problem

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could be, I hear various different things about using DVDRWs. I think the newer Slims work with DVD+RWs but the old ones, which I'm taking it you have, since you need a slidetool, don't.

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could be, I hear various different things about using DVDRWs. I think the newer Slims work with DVD+RWs but the old ones, which I'm taking it you have, since you need a slidetool, don't.
yeah i thought so,i guess i'll go out tomorrow and buy me some dvd-rs and by the way thanks for your help
happy.gif

alrite i just burned a game on my sony audio cd-r and i boot it with my swapmagic cd version and it also says not a valid ps2 disc

sorry for double post

Edit: Posts merged together.
happy.gif
- Ace

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you don't hit any buttons at all until after you've swapped the discs. That's a mistake I made a couple times when I first tried it and kept getting the same error. If you hit X on the "Load Program" screen before swapping the discs, the screen won't change at all, but you won't be able to load a backup anymore unless you reset and try again.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
alrite i just burned a game on my sony audio cd-r and i boot it with my swapmagic cd version and it also says not a valid ps2 disc

The reason it might not work is because only a certain few games work when burned to CD's. Just go out and buy some DVD-R's. That's the best thing you can do, and if it doesn't work still after that, you're either doing something horribly wrong or your PS2 can't read DVD's, which really makes no sense.

Just make sure you're using the right type of DVD's. Try to stay away from RW's and CD's.

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

The reason it might not work is because only a certain few games work when burned to CD's. Just go out and buy some DVD-R's. That's the best thing you can do, and if it doesn't work still after that, you're either doing something horribly wrong or your PS2 can't read DVD's, which really makes no sense.

Just make sure you're using the right type of DVD's. Try to stay away from RW's and CD's.
well i got the not a valid ps2 disc problem to go away by doing that refresh TOC thing and now when i boot my game it works fine but after a little bit it stops so im thinking i either got a bad version of the game or its the dvd+rw.has anybody else have this problem

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some people use maxell and run games fine, but if you can change them for better media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. If you haven't opened the pack yet I'd probably exchange it for better media, but if you have opened it and can't return it then just go ahead and try them. media is cheap, so it's not a great financial loss

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
some people use maxell and run games fine, but if you can change them for better media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. If you haven't opened the pack yet I'd probably exchange it for better media, but if you have opened it and can't return it then just go ahead and try them. media is cheap, so it's not a great financial loss
are these different from regular maxell dvd-rs because these ones are all colorful and all,heres a pic http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...&id=prod2483453

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use Maxell dvd-r's, but they're not the multi color ones, they're all gold colored. So far all the ps2 games I've burned have worked fine, with no strange behavior from the ps2.

I also burn them at 8x speed since I've seen plenty of people say to not burn any slower than that on newer dvd burners.

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are just higher quality. Try out the Maxell ones and see if they work, if they do then it's all good.
so far i heard that maxell,verbatim,and tdk are the best and i hoping their right im going to try it as soon as the game gets downloaded i accidentaly deleted it yesterday and could somebody tell me what the most recommended speed to burn with maxell

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
They are just higher quality. Try out the Maxell ones and see if they work, if they do then it's all good.

so far i heard that maxell,verbatim,and tdk are the best and i hoping their right im going to try it as soon as the game gets downloaded i accidentaly deleted it yesterday and could somebody tell me what the most recommended speed to burn with maxell

Dude it's guess and check basically on the speed. And how can you accidentally delete it? Shouldn't it be in your Recycle Bin? Unless you permanently deleted it, but then it's still pretty hard o.0 Anyway buy an External HDD, when you download backups keep 'em there, so you have backups of your (backuped/pirated) games.

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Dude it's guess and check basically on the speed. And how can you accidentally delete it? Shouldn't it be in your Recycle Bin? Unless you permanently deleted it, but then it's still pretty hard o.0 Anyway buy an External HDD, when you download backups keep 'em there, so you have backups of your (backuped/pirated) games.
i rather not go buy and do all this stuff just to get a game back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs