PS1/2 Swap Magic Problem

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the deal, I'gotten myself a PS2 and Swap Magic 3.6 plus and a flip top case (the website told me it was 3.8 coder but whatever) The first time i tried it I booted up and got the menu booted but I never say any screen that shuld say "SWAP" (DVD version) and then i saw two plastic parts in a tiny plastic bag. So I took appart my PS2 to put the peaces in it. But then the stupid flip top case is almost impossible to fit the PS2, took out the plastics again, too try some more without them.

And now when I try to boot the Swap Magic discs, both the CD and DVD, noone is working, I see the Playstation logo, and then the screen turn black. A few seconds after that, the disk stops spinning... Anyone have a clue of what it might be?

Edit: Might help to say that i just tried out Guitar hero: Rock the 80s and it works like a charm

Second Edit: On my friend's PS2, the DVD disc is giving me a DRE while the CD one is booting on the same way as on my PS2

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, here's how the swap magic disc(s) work:
you boot with either one (cd / dvd) depending on the media that your import/back-up is. a swap magic splash screen will appear, and then a menu screen prompting you for the method of loading (normal, special, etc...)

note: if you don't get this far, then your swap magic discs may be defective.

at this point, the swap magic disc will have stopped spinning, and you can swap it out with your import original/back-up.
if you have a newer, slimline ps2, the easiest method is to replace the lid with the dual lid design version (where you open the inner lid and perform the swap). otherwise, you will need to use the pieces of plastic to cover the 2 internal sensors that the ps2 uses to detect when the lid is opened.

if your disc spins up after you've swapped and closed the lid prior to pressing a button on the controller then you haven't installed the plastic bits correctly.

check the install guides on the sites selling the kits for proper installation (I have the flip top lid on mine, so I've never had to bother with this).

hope this helps you out.

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"note: if you don't get this far, then your swap magic discs may be defective."

Oh.. I was afraid of that.. Damn! so the discs have stopped working? I mean, i got to the splash screen yesterday but not further... and next time i tried it (on another TV because the first one stopped working just like the Swap magic Discs)... Spookey
tongue.gif

Disizdream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Easy way to know if you put plastic bits correctly :

-Launch an original game
-Open the lid
-If the disc is still spinning and you can still play then you put the plastic bits correctly .

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So you need to have those plastic parts in? because i just tried Guitar hero: Rock the 80s and it works like a charm

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, but when I have the plastic piece under the power/eject buttons (Picture) in the PS2, I can't close the damn thing for some reason, it feels like something is blocking a millimeter or two. It's just enough to give me problems

Edit: I didn't have any of the parts when I at least got into the menu the first time
tongue.gif
but i suppose they are required in the swapping process?

Second edit: Tried to use the plastic parts a minute ago, it was possible to acctually close the case with massive amount of force and then one of the screws held it on place with just a bit (1/2 to 1 millimeter or so) of "sticking out"

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sending my discs back to the shop after having tried them on another PS2, you can close the thred if you want to.

Oh, and sorry to double post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool