Hardware Swap hard disks from one Xbox one to another?

Thunderzone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Xbox One X with standard 1Tb hdd and an Xbox One Elite with the standard 1Tb SSD.
Both consoles work fine and both have my account and game details on them.
Can I simply remove the drives and swap them over without worrying about formatting & setting up
as I would like the SSD in my One X ?
Any help appreciated. Thnx

D

Deleted User

I'm pretty sure you can never swap an internal hard drive without setting everything back up for any console or PC. Especially if one has games that you want on the other. I don't know the process for Xbox One but PS4 you have to reinstall firmware, reinstall saves. I've actually never heard of anyone swapping their internal on XB1 so I don't know how it's done.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

I'm pretty sure you can never swap an internal hard drive without setting everything back up for any console or PC. Especially if one has games that you want on the other. I don't know the process for Xbox One but PS4 you have to reinstall firmware, reinstall saves. I've actually never heard of anyone swapping their internal on XB1 so I don't know how it's done.
on a PC you can .. it will usually Work but needs some drivers. But on console it wont work afaik

D

Deleted User

I thought it needed to be cloned? Oh well I'm no PC expert.
Cloning just copies all sectors / Blocks from a to b. If you just use the same hdd you can boot Windows or linux or any other os without a hassle.sometimes it wont have gpu acceleration or not the drivers in general but it boots and works. Console prevent that just as some sort of drm thats the only reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.