Swap DRC for TV-Only Wii U Games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by OatmealDome, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Yahya14

Yahya14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Canada
    They're both good at swapping displays equally but provide a different audience because of the exclusive features they both have.

Exclusive features SwapDRC includes:
    • TCPGecko
    • Cafiine
    • Switch Gamepad Sensor Bar
    • Splatoon Enhanced Controls
    And exclusive features SwipSwapMe includes:
    • Set your own button combo

The common feature both have is the ability to press the TV button to swap screens (SwapDRC also still uses L + Minus combo). Both apps may have the same purpose but has different features that suit the user, it's up to them what they think is better for them. Like if you don't care everything SwapDRC has and you only want SwipSwapMe's custom button combo, you may use it. It doesn't bother me at all ^_^.

Until then I still don't know how to properly implement the custom button combo feature into SwapDRC unless we get a proper GUI for setting them. I don't have enough knowledge to make a GUI so hopefully @Maschell and/or someone can help me make one. I'm still trying to keep SwapDRC up to date :P

I might consider making another branch of the app called SwapDRC Lite that has everything from the latest release but it doesn't have a GUI, TCPGecko, and Cafiine. I don't know how well it will do but for people who want a simple app package, I think it's worth a shot.

I also like the suggestion about holding the TV button for 3 seconds to switch off/on the gamepad screen. I'll consider this too. ^_^

Last edited by Yahya14, Jul 25, 2017
  2. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Antarctica
    - Planet Earth -
    Thanks, it sounds good - a lite version with off/on switch by TV button - we have four young children so simplicity is fundamental - they have to press only the Haxchi icon in order to execute the screen swapping program automatically and after the TV button for swap - so this is very easy for them and we'd like to keep this simple operation - life is for the kids - thanks - very good - :)

bomigoton and Yahya14 like this.
  3. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Antarctica
    - Planet Earth -
    Yahya14, we tested the new release, SwapDRC 1.3 lite in Lego City Undercover - We found two issues
    1. No accurate Display Switch. Fast/Instant switch has gone.
    2. Conflict with the Buttons.

1. No accurate Display Switch - No fast/instant switch anymore

- we have to push twice or more the TV button for fast switching to clear message of "TV remote can be configured in System Settings.". This error exists in all releases (SwapDRC and SwipSwapMe) except SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 - only SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 has fast and accurate switch by TV button - no fast and instant switch by TV button anymore since SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 -

2. Conflict with the Buttons in Lego City Undercover

- Pressing L is reserved for whistling - Pressing R-Stick is reserved for instant vehicle - these button conflicts can disturb during gameplay, it can be whistling sound and locked gamepad for instant vehicle when we use SwapDRC lite -

We suggest the following two:
    Fast/Instant switch: upgrade SwapDRC lite for fast and instant switch by TV button like SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 -
    No button conflict: upgrade SwapDRC lite to avoid any button conflict in gameplay -
    Switch on/off Gamepad display only by TV button - Swap TV/Gamepad screen only by TV button - there is no conflict anymore if we use only TV button - thanks, very good job - :)

Last edited by tataniko, Jul 26, 2017
    Yahya14 likes this.
  4. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the light version :)

5. Antonio Ricardo

Antonio Ricardo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    @OatmealDome
    Zelda Wind Waker HD, is possible to stream sound from gamepad and play on tv?
    Defaut sound only on gamepad if i play on gamepad.
    Fast Racing Neo when a i play on tv with Pro Controller i cant listen audio from gamepad.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo, Jul 26, 2017
  6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you are amazing i wanted this app since the release date becuase some games wich dont even use the gamepad screen at all dont have off tv play, is there a channel for this btw?

KiiWii likes this.
  7. bomigoton

bomigoton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2009
    Germany
    Great work! Thanks a lot

Attached Files:

8. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

pip Developer
    GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    appstore has been update to reflect the new version and now also includes the lite version .. hope it helps..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

added this as an app on the store.
    http://www.wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/swipswapme

9. Yahya14

Yahya14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Canada
    Oddly when I added the padcon code (switch gamepad LCD on/off) I couldn't assigned it to the TV button properly. For some reason the TV remote screen won't let the console detect any button inputs so holding down the TV button won't be detected and not work. So instead I set it to holding the R-Stick button for 3-6 seconds.

By chance did you have a moment when accidentally switch off the screen when holding down the R-Stick button? Because I think it's the way for now or maybe I should assign it to something else.

Also about the fast/instant switch I'll change the cooldown to the same speed as SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 ^_^. Strangely, I just realized the delay increases by 2x in 30 fps games.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry for all the updates, man. There's just lots of issues that needs to be overlooked. I'll still keep in touch with you again when the next update is ready. ;)

tataniko likes this.
  10. gbatempfan1

gbatempfan1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2010

You probably already saw it, but if not, the other branches of the function patcher repository that had swipswapme contained some more apps. No idea of all their statuses.

11. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

pip Developer
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
  12. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    Wait ? What ?! Hummm ok thanks ! :lol:

Yahya14 likes this.
  13. Hielkenator2

Hielkenator2 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2017
    Albania
    This is SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Thank you SO much!

Yahya14 likes this.
  14. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Antarctica
    - Planet Earth -
    - Oh I see, so this is a different story with the TV button, so you had to use the padcon layout (R-Stick) instead of TV button - the TV button is definitely a different story because the Gamepad is always monitoring the TV button together with the Power/Home button even in power off mode - but can we use the Power button to turn on/off the Gamepad screen? I mean we have to hold the Power button for a while to shut down completely the system, so when somebody press accidentally the Power button in short time then nothing happens, so maybe this short time press feature of Power button is useful too to turn on/off the screen instantly -
    - I am happy you realized the switching delay between SwipSwapMe Poc 0.1 and other releases and you will put back the same speed -
    - In the Lego City Undercover if we press R-Stick then TV screen locked and forced to use Gamepad (if Instant Vehicles are on) - so if you can't implement the padcon code to the TV button or Power button, which would be very stylish then please leave the default padcon code, R-Stick -
    - thanks Yahya14, you help a lot for many kids - :)

Last edited by tataniko, Jul 27, 2017
    Yahya14 likes this.
  15. Yahya14

Yahya14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Canada
  16. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

pip Developer
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    both lite and normal apps have been updated to 1.3.1 thanks for the heads up fella...

Last edited by pwsincd, Jul 27, 2017
    Yahya14 likes this.
  17. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Antarctica
    - Planet Earth -
    It's nice job everybody here - Swap DRC 1.3.1 lite works well in Lego City Undercover - however verbose is unnecessary for the kids - very good :)

18. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    In shooters both stick clicks are heavely used.
    It should be mapped to some combo button that's impossible to reach during normal gameplay, for example d-pad down + left stick click, or X+B, or A+Y, etc.
    Personally I use plus + minus buttons to swap screens in SwipSwapMe.

CuriousTommy likes this.
  19. UltraArceus3

UltraArceus3 Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension

Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    Under a Rock (with Wi-Fi)
    @OatmealDome It freezes every time I try to load specific homebrews like Loadiine GX2...

20. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    I get freezing too it happens after i quit a game and go back to the Wii U menu the d pad and all buttons stop working except x it lets me power off the console though.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted