1. aykay55

aykay55 Professional Idiot

United States
    That depends. You can’t really install a homebrew app to the system, and you’d have no way to boot it without the homebrew launcher, so you need the SD card anyway. Up until you run the app. After you run the app, then you can remove the SD card and it should still work. However, once you turn off the console, you’ll need to insert the SD card to run Swap DRC again, so yeah.

2. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    I use this to see the homescreen on the tv and be able to navigate with the dpad, something that should have been the standard

3. CoolChenz

CoolChenz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok thanks!

4. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Fan

Morocco
    can i remap turn off wii u gamepad to minus + d-pad down

5. spanish_biker79

spanish_biker79 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Guys, do you know if one can use this to play Wii games which support the classic controller directly on it?

And Gamecube games?

6. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Awesome app!! helps me with my streaming so I can show people what is on the gamepad!

7. Mikitok

Mikitok GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Work perfect with splatoon

8. BasedHelix

BasedHelix Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Swap DRC doesn't seem to work on ZombiU and Xenoblade Chronicles for some reason. I tried pressing L + Minus and it didn't work. Splatoon worked however which is weird.

Edit: 00f I'm dumb. Those games have the option to use the gamepad only.

Last edited by BasedHelix, Apr 20, 2019
  9. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Lies, ZombiU Cannot be used with gamepad only.

10. SkaisLove

SkaisLove Newbie
    Newcomer

Romania
    Works on 5.5.3 !, and probably on 5.5.2 .
    This makes Splatoon playable. It's so damn nice. Thank you so much for this mod.

Suggestions:

• Have an install where D-Pad is mapped even when not holding A. Sure, it'd be blind, but in a situation where Teammate 1 keeps using the same path, it'd make sense, and of course jumping to Spawn Point would be 100% reliable.

• Have an install where D-Pad Up triggers the special. Also have L trigger the special. Clicking right stick is terrible; the delay, the interference with the camera. Just terrible.

•Make it so that holding A temporarily switches the view even when using the TV as the main display. It's much better to just hold A to check the map than it is to look down at the Gamepad. Hitting B and then hitting B again is also inefficient. It makes sense for this to be part if the main install.

• Have an install with L as Special, and D-Pad mapped to jumps, except D-Pad Up which would be Special.

I've used HID to Vpad to remap L & D-Pad Up to Special, and it is such an improvement. I can't get Homebrew Channel to launch again after installing Swap DRC or HID to Vpad. I'm using browser exploits. Is it possible? Would it work with Haxchi?

Great work, @OatmealDome, @Yahya14, @Maschell, @Bkool999, @brienj, @MachMatic, @dimok, @Chadderz.

Last edited by SkaisLove, Mar 3, 2020
  11. Ybzij

Ybzij Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Using SwapDRCLite app, works well with Splatoon and some other games.
    I'm tried playing Runbow Deluxe but this how looks like. https://imgur.com/fkdlWk3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. XxJaytheBeastX1

Newcomer

United States
    I've got the loadiine version of Sniper Elite V2 any way I can play that homebrew launcher freezes when I try opening it soooo what do i do i want to play this TV only game on gamepad?

13. PiesOfNorth

PiesOfNorth Member
    Newcomer

Togo
    Tried using this today. After running SwapDRC from the homebrew launcher, it prompted me to install, so I chose 'A'.

I then tried to swap the screens on Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, since it seems the gamepad doesn't normally receive all the game's audio.

Pressing L and then - had no effect. I tried pressing them closer together, nothing. The TV button also did nothing. I tried SwapDRCLite, but that wouldn't even start in the homebrew launcher.

Am I missing something here? Does it not work on Loadiine games? Anyone experience similar issues?

14. PiesOfNorth

PiesOfNorth Member
    Newcomer

Togo
    Tried using this today. After running SwapDRC from the homebrew launcher, it prompted me to install, so I chose 'A'.

I then tried to swap the screens on Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, since it seems the gamepad doesn't normally receive all the game's audio.

Pressing L and then - had no effect. I tried pressing them closer together, nothing. The TV button also did nothing. I tried SwapDRCLite, but that wouldn't even start in the homebrew launcher.

Does it not work on Loadiine games or something? Anyone experience similar issues?

Last edited by PiesOfNorth, Oct 10, 2020
  15. PiesOfNorth

PiesOfNorth Member
    Newcomer

Togo
    After trying again with a NUSpacked version of the game, I can confirm that indeed it does not work with loadiine (which is fine ultimately, since the game runs better on nand)

Is there any forwarder for SwapDRC?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Games,