Swap DRC for TV-Only Wii U Games
Introducing Swap DRC, a homebrew application that allows you to play TV-only Wii U games on your GamePad screen.
Swap DRC works by switching the display buffers for the TV and the GamePad with a press of a button. This app also includes the TCPGecko and Cafiine installers for other mods or hacks. The GamePad sensor bar can also be turned on when the TV image is on the GamePad screen, so playing with Wiimotes with just the GamePad is possible. The lite version of the app is also available which doesn't include TCPGecko and Cafiine.
Switch display, audio, and gamepad sensor bar:
- Press L and Minus together.
- Press the TV button.
- Press and hold R-Stick for 3 seconds.
- Press B to switch screens except in-game menus.
- Hold A + D-Pad in any direction to super jump to a teammate or the spawn point during a match.
- An SD card
- The Homebrew Launcher (Haxchi or Loadiine.ovh method)
- A Wii U (on firmware version 5.5.1; 5.5.2 and lower versions aren't tested but may work)
- (Optional) A cafiine server (examples: the original by Chadderz and MrRean, MusicRandomizer, Ray's custom server, and more)
- (Optional) Your Wii U's IP for TCPGecko or your computer's local IP for Cafiine (Windows, macOS)
- For Splatoon's enhanced controls: ver 2.10.0 - 2.12.0
Download (Latest: v1.3.1)
Get it from github! (If you don't know how to use the application, maybe read the tutorial below first.)
Get it from the WiiuBrew Appstore by clicking here, or get the lite version from here.
- Download the Homebrew Launcher from here (download v1.3 if other versions crash for you), and the Swap DRC application from above.
- Unzip both apps and then drag them into your SD Card. Make sure both directories are at:
- Safely remove the SD card and insert it into your Wii U, then launch the Homebrew Launcher from loadiine.ovh in your Wii U browser. If you have the haxchi homebrew launcher, that works too.
- Launch Swap DRC, then press A to install Swap DRC with TCPGecko, or press Y to install Swap DRC with TCPGecko + Cafiine (a cafiine server on your computer is required)
- You're done! You can now switch displays anywhere (but not in the settings menu, as it re-launches the entire System Menu).
What's TCPGecko and Cafiine?
TCPGecko is a mod that allows you to use a TCPGecko editor to modify the ram through a TCP connection. A
perfect example for this is the program Splathax, which lets you modify gear in your Splatoon inventory.
Cafiine is another mod that lets you replace game files with modified ones for the game to load. A perfect
example for this is the popular use of model and skin edits for Smash Bros for Wii U. Unlike the "Install
TCPGecko only" option, Cafiine requires you to have a server running on your computer at all times. Don't
use this if you don't want to use game file mods and have the computer running all the time.
Can I get banned playing online with Swap DRC in any game?
Swapping displays doesn't modify the games directly but through CafeOS instead. Therefore, it is 100% safe.
However, you can still get banned with TCPGecko and/or Caffine mods if you don't use them properly.
Where is the source code?
Over here, on our GitHub repository!
r u a l33t hax0r?
YeS I Am.
(...I'm joking this question isn't real)
- Maschell for development contribution and the audio swap
- Dimok, chadderz, etc for function_hooks and the pygecko server
- Brienj for the IP selector and initial UI
- /u/MachMatic for the banner background
- BKOOL999 for feedback & testing the Swap DRC app
Last edited by Yahya14,