SW64 on Wii - Injected S&P VC Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hardys, Apr 26, 2008.

1. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    The 5.app file is an archive. In most of the VC titles there is a "rom" or "somename.rom" file. So my program just sniffs out the offsets for these files in the archive. This has worked so far for snes and n64, but the sega and turbo gfx16 vc titles don't follow this convention. Regardless, Each vc title has a unique structure....which is really really strange.

2. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2005
    QLD, AUS
    If you get a common-key error make sure you have key.bin in the same directory. Make sure it's name is common-key.bin

3. hypochondriac

hypochondriac Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    SSB64 is working for me!

4. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    N64 compatibility doesn't seem very high. Mario64->Extreme G failed.

5. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Any ideas on my 4100 error? Maybe something I'm doing wrong, wrong versions of certain programs? I dunno, maybe I'll read up some more about this wad installing stuff, this is my first go at it.

Oh And I honestly didn't figure that Wetrix would work. That's one of the most problematic emulated roms. I don't know what all N64 VC titles have been released, but I'm willing to be they're mostly first party stuff, and the VC emulator is probably based off of the GC emulator made for the Zelda Collectors disk, which didn't run a whole lot of roms when you injected them.

yeah looking at this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtu...%29#Nintendo_64

Everything released so far is a 1st party title with the exception of Cruzin' USA. Which probably means that the trend will follow, and the only VC N64 games will be first party or launch titles, as Nintendo knows what they did when they were coding their own games, and knew the beginnings of limitations and functions of the console before it was released so they will know the minimal stuff they'll need to do to get a launch title emulated.

6. buggy

buggy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2006
    has anyone tried Majora's Mask?

7. jespertje

jespertje Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Limburg, Venlo
    Sorry if it is answered elsewhere but where is this wadtool that I need?

8. kersplatty

kersplatty GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2006
    United States
    title.wad isnt appearing in the folder but it says all done and everything seemed to work ok
    help anyone?

9. JPdensetsu

JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    Taiwan
    Taipei
    Why can some1 release then publical ?
    I want LoZ MM an SSB64 !!! [​IMG]

10. hypochondriac

hypochondriac Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    Someone should start a compatability topic.

11. Elo

Elo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2007
    New Zealand
    uhm.ssb64 has already been made ..Ive dl'd it works sweet [​IMG]..
    ive tried out diddy kong racing and i got it to inject and up and running,but with pretty major gfx glitches...i got to the main menu,could select a char but not any further,,screen stayed white [​IMG]
    Perfect dark ive only to the controller screen (the black one telling you you need clasic control...)

12. mb01

mb01 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    Adelaide
    I've already started one under Wii-hacking.
    Its called Rom Swapping Results

13. hypochondriac

hypochondriac Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    Has anyone got anything other than SSB64 to work well?

14. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Meh, it's probably of no use to start a compatibility topic, since I'm willing to put money on the fact that Nintendo was lazy and used their old GC N64 emulator and ported it to the Wii.

Now, I do remember back when folks first discovered injecting roms into the Zelda Collectors disk that almost no ROMS worked, other than 1st party titles. Thing is they ran so flawlessly with those games it was hard to believe that the emulator would crash with simple 2d titles.

I believe it was Emu_kidid that had the theory (there may be some backing and maybe even some posts about this over at www.tehskeen.com) that Nintendo had put a type of filter on their emulator that would only allow certain ROMs to be run. It had to do with the header in the ROM, Nintendo had a set list of game codes (like JBBP or whatever) that were allowed to run using their emulator.

Now, if there's a compatibility list for the Zelda Collectors disk emulator, I'd bet it'd match up perfectly with the one hypochondriac suggested someone make.

However, I can't actually remember seeing such a list, but if the GC N64 emulator couldn't run Cuzin' USA due to this game code lock-out, then maybe the Cruzin' USA wad is your best host.

15. cocoman

cocoman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    Gambia, The
    what do i have to type in in the console, pls give me an example.

16. Arakon

Arakon GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2008
    Gambia, The
    it's not about being lazy, but about the emulator being tailored specifically to the one rom it is meant to play, so it can play that one game perfectly.

17. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Yes, but when it plays other games perfectly, but is picky when it comes to who made the game... that's when it gets fishy.

Eh, but it looks like I'm wrong. In the rom swapping topic they're talking of games booting and running incorrectly, which is something that wouldn't happen with the GC emulator.

18. I can confirm: Super Smash Bros. works.
    The other nice thing is, it's running in 480p. I wonder if other games will also run in higher resolution.

19. Arakon

Arakon GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Has anyone messed with Genesis/MD replacement? I can't seem to find the rom files at all, possibly sega modified them similar to how they were on the saturn compilations?

20. hypochondriac

hypochondriac Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    If someone wants to hav a go with genesis roms, I'm sure they'd be able to find some by asking the right people or person and looking in the right places...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted