SW64 on Wii - Injected S&P VC Channel

Hardys Apr 26, 2008.

1. elektrixxx

elektrixxx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    But both of them have widescreen support, which is great.

2. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    Ok I'm a bit cracked out from coding all day, but here is a proof of concept version of my wad injector. It is by no means user friendly yet. Essentially you have to have all the files of an unpacked wad, the various wad tools, and the rom you want to insert for this to work. Tomorrow I'll attempt to make it user friendly and write a proper readme. In the meantime, this can be a toy for anybody who has managed to unpack/repack wads.

3. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Please don't bother making dumb posts, plenty of people would love to have both of these games running perfectly on thier Wiis.

P.S. Thanks creffca, I'm going to play with this.

Ok, in your readme you say you suggest Sin and Punishment for N64, is this for any reason?

Also, does your tool pad out more space and remove space for differently sized roms?

4. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    Please keep in mind its an early release, don't expect too much yet. Right now I just need a little feed back to see if at least another human being can use the thing. And as a side note, I haven't gotten Perfect Dark to work =(

5. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Damn, that's what I was going to try first. At least you saved me some time.

6. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    I bet your second attempt will be Goldeneye, which I haven't gotten to work either. People have said that others have injected it though, so it could be an error in my program or I haven't found the correct host wad yet.

7. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Is your tool set to inject the user's rom at the offset for the rom in 000005.app for Sin and Punishment?

Just wondering if it'd be a waste of time to try with any other host wad.

8. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    No, it searches for a rom entry point in the 00000005.app file in the current directory. There is a chance that it won't find an entry point(the actual rom is labeled differently in almost every vc title), but it hasn't happened to me yet.

9. MasterXanthar

MasterXanthar Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Melbourne
    creffca will your tool also work for the other VC consoles or is it setup only for N64 ones?
    Also would it be possible to get a zip with all the required tools and files etc mentioned in the readme? Minus keys of course [​IMG]

10. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    Right now it only works for SNES and N64, I plan to add support for other systems once the program is user friendly. And no, sorry, I can't package it with the needed files.

11. MasterXanthar

MasterXanthar Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Melbourne
    No probs guess I'll just have to go hunting them. thanks for all the effort your putting into this, I'm gonna try get my head around the hard method so when the user friendly one comes out it'll be quick and easy [​IMG]

12. mb01

mb01 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    Adelaide
    Anyone know what the .trailer file is when you use wadunpacker? Everything goes well but when i go to repack my .wad with a replaced rom, i type 'wadpacker' in the command window and it says:

00000000.app ==trailer

It doesn't end up making a title.wad

13. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    I haven't come across that error. What host wad are you using?

14. mb01

mb01 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    Adelaide
    Using the Sin And Punishment N64. Got my common-key in the same folder as Wadpacker.
    I might just try and use the Blaze wadpacker if i can get it packed this way

15. Mooshywooshy

Mooshywooshy GBAtemp Regular

Feb 29, 2008
    United States
    I get the same error using Donkey Kong Country 2

-edit-

Ok I replaced the wadpacker.exe and it seems to work although the installed game just gives a BSOD now, but thats probably my fault [​IMG]

16. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    Interesting you guys are getting that error. I did most of my tests with DKC 2 and Sin and Punishment without any funny buisness. My advice is to start out with something simple, like DKC2->Chrono Trigger. Its been proven to work.

The "user friendly" version is coming along a lot faster than I expected, might have it up in an hour or so.

17. mb01

mb01 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    Adelaide
    What extension do you have for you rom that you replaced? I replaced Sin and Punishment with Diddy Kong Racing.z64
    Is it correct to leave that extension?

18. Whizz

Whizz When things don't go right, go left.

Nov 20, 2007
    Netherlands
    Turn around...
    Do you have to replace the rom with one of the same size?

19. Mooshywooshy

Mooshywooshy GBAtemp Regular

Feb 29, 2008
    United States
    Alright i did the test to make sure I didnt mess up anything and it installs DKC2 again just fine and it plays great, but when I inject the chrono trigger smc file it gives me a bsod >0

20. creffca

creffca GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2007
    United States
    @mb01: The extension has no effect on the injection really.

@whizz: The Rom does not have to be the same size, it can be smaller but not larger. If it is too large the program will say so and exit.

@mooshywooshy: What's bsod??

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted