Hacking SW64 on Wii - Injected S&P VC Channel

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
only problem im having right now is that although ive place the common-key in the same folder as wadunpacker it's still telling me it cannot find the file..so it cannot unpack everything..
any idea where it should go ? (ive tried in the cygwin folder and the usr folder there etc..)

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I forgot to mention when you use wadunpacker it will complain about the key, but ignore that message. You should still see the new folder along with the .cert, .tik, and .tmd

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is this the method to injecting n64 roms or does this only work with SNES?

We need separate threads to clarify these things lmfao.

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've posted so far there is no actual injection taking place yet. There isn't much of a difference for injecting SNES and N64 roms though, its just a matter of the file offset in 00000005.app. Once I finish writing my injector program I'll post a new thread.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
well,injecting works the same way whatever you are injecting..
currently working on some N64 ones with the sin&punishment dump

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
creffca said:
From what I've posted so far there is no actual injection taking place yet. There isn't much of a difference for injecting SNES and N64 roms though, its just a matter of the file offset in 00000005.app. Once I finish writing my injector program I'll post a new thread.

creff,what language u writing it in ? c i recon? ..well,id be keen on trying to convert it to java for multiplatform usage..atm im trying to complete a whole wadcreation package based on java..just need the final wadpacking converted now (see my wadcreator thread..)

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job and good luck, creffca.

If this gets done, it's the biggest thing to happen in a while in my opinion; it's like waking up overnight to find a fullspeed N64 emulator.

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elo, if I get it running the way I want I'll gladly hand over the C++ code for porting. With all these tools around we really need to unify things.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
creffca,
Trying to unpack a wad but wadunpacker keeps saying 'ACCESS VIOLATION probably corrupted stack'
Any ideas on this? I have the key.bin in the same folder, do i need to rename it?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
creffca,

Would this tool you're creating do the entire thing with the downloaded VC up to the point of saving the injected file?

Hope so.
If not, what is the likelyhood of something being made that could do the entire thing.

I mean the amount of tools available just for wads is quite alot. I think I've amassed around 6 different Wad applications, and apart from the wad installer/uninstaller thats about my limit.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
sweet, sounds like a plan
smile.gif

yeah, Id love to be able to get a working java wad packer so everyone can use it easaly
wink.gif

then we just need a suite for WadTool/WadUnpacker/Ure Injecter and all bundle it into one nice app that does everything
smile.gif

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well Fission, It would be quite simple to write a quick prog now (1 hr or so maybe) that would run WadTool/WadUnpacker/Hopefully Creffcas injector etc.. but it would run on windows only as it would be using existing tools to do the work..

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fission, my initial goal was to automate the entire process. Wad + rom in, injected wad out. Unfortunately, one of the tools (wadtool) is not command line, which puts a small hitch in my plan. Also, the fact that wadunpacker creates a seperate folder is bothersome too. The first release won't be practical and will require all the manual wad unpacking, and even if I can automate the unpacking processes via the tools, I would not be able to distribute them with the my program. All that being said, I'm still fairly confident someone out of no where will post an easy to use tool =)

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Elo said:
Well Fission, It would be quite simple to write a quick prog now (1 hr or so maybe) that would run WadTool/WadUnpacker/Hopefully Creffcas injector etc.. but it would run on windows only as it would be using existing tools to do the work..

QUOTE(creffca @ Apr 27 2008, 04:04 AM) Fission, my initial goal was to automate the entire process. Wad + rom in, injected wad out. Unfortunately, one of the tools (wadtool) is not command line, which puts a small hitch in my plan. Also, the fact that wadunpacker creates a seperate folder is bothersome too. The first release won't be practical and will require all the manual wad unpacking, and even if I can automate the unpacking processes via the tools, I would not be able to distribute them with the my program. All that being said, I'm still fairly confident someone out of no where will post an easy to use tool =)

Well it's exciting to see you both working on stuff which looks promising (wish I could 'code').

Eager to see how things develop - even if the end product isn't what you hoped for at least it's a start
smile.gif

I'm really after something that can play SNES on Wii. Ideally would be the emulator but until it's PAL friendly I'm hoping this will be the next best thing.

smile.gif

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
uhm,for some reason my bfgr tools are not working any more ;/
it keeps giving me cyg errors..hmm..gonna try and find the cause...

MasterXanthar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
shinsil said:
jalaneme said:
jaxxster said:
goldeneye please?
tongue.gif

and perfect dark too
happy.gif

I think that there ain't no VC games that have the same size as perfect dark.
frown.gif

When you refer to size are you talking about the rom size? If so after a quick look at my N64 roms OoT is the exact same size as perfect dark. So in theory couldn't we inject Perfect Dark into OoT and tada up comes Perfect Dark?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Are you going to bake yourself a cake?