killajackson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

I've been trying out homebrew today on my new AK2i and I haven't been able to get SvSIP to work. I've got my VOIP account with VOIPbuster and have the configuration file set-up properly. I have heard that wifi homebrew does not work with the DSi. Is this true? Because if so, that would explain it not working, but I used Beup Live the other night and it connected.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

ZenithMkII

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried it on my DSi. It freezes at the beginning i just get the background and thats pretty much it. No numbers or anything. Oh and did you open the ports 5060 or was it 6050... Then do the port forwarding? That might help.

My Equipment:
-DSi ($166.87 @ Target w/ a 10% discount)
-AceKard 2i ($13.00 @ dealextreme.com)
-8GB AData microSDHC ($17.00 @ newegg.com)

killajackson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZenithMkII said:
Tried it on my DSi. It freezes at the beginning i just get the background and thats pretty much it. No numbers or anything. Oh and did you open the ports 5060 or was it 6050... Then do the port forwarding? That might help.

My Equipment:

I just tried it again today and I can confirm that IT IS WORKING ON DSi. I just downloaded the newest version off of this site and registered an account with VOIPbuster (free calls in Canada). I then entered my account details into the config file and moved the needed folders to my sd card. Get your DSi working on your internet connection and you should be good to go!

PS I have the exact same equipment as you.

"Oh and did you open the ports 5060 or was it 6050... Then do the port forwarding? That might help." - I have no idea what that means
tongue.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it freezes before showing the numberpad, that means it can't initialize the wifi properly. You said it worked in Beup, but did you use DHCP or did you manually enter an IP address and DNS servers? If you haven't tried manual settings, do so now. I'd suggest putting them in WFC config slot 1 just to be safe.

killajackson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DanTheManMS said:
If it freezes before showing the numberpad, that means it can't initialize the wifi properly. You said it worked in Beup, but did you use DHCP or did you manually enter an IP address and DNS servers? If you haven't tried manual settings, do so now. I'd suggest putting them in WFC config slot 1 just to be safe.

Yeah I've got em in wifi slot 1 and I connected through my Mario Kart rom. It's working perfectly now! Thanks. My main problem is that my DSi hangs on loading (AK2i) after I soft -reset it and I have to wait a few mins before it works again.

Moosewad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killajackson said:
ZenithMkII said:

My Equipment:

I just tried it again today and I can confirm that IT IS WORKING ON DSi. I just downloaded the newest version off of this site and registered an account with VOIPbuster (free calls in Canada). I then entered my account details into the config file and moved the needed folders to my sd card. Get your DSi working on your internet connection and you should be good to go!

PS I have the exact same equipment as you.

"Oh and did you open the ports 5060 or was it 6050... Then do the port forwarding? That might help." - I have no idea what that means
tongue.gif

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

(i love emoticons)

I STILL CAN'T DO IT!!

can u post a detailed description on how to set it up on AceKard 2i.

plz. plz. plz.
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
nds.gif
nds.gif
nds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat