Sure fire way to get 3DS with 4.1-4.5?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by arlips, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arlips
    OP

arlips Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2013
    United States
    I know that if the box says 2012 you're golden but I'm fairly certain all the game stores around here are high movers and wouldn't have new 3DSs that old still in stock. Also they don't keep the actual units on the display floor so you'd have to awkwardly ask the attendant to keep fetching you a different new copy until you hit the right one (if it exists).

Someone in this thread said that all new Flame Red and Aqua Blue 3DSs are 4.1-4.5, is this really true though? So if I order one of these colors new on Amazon it will sure bet be the right firmware?

2. Plainscript

Plainscript GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2012
    Netherlands
    Try eBay seller 'comesaleway'. He often lists them as Gateway Compatible.

3. arlips
    OP

arlips Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2013
    United States
    Thank you, searching gateway compatible works too on ebay. He's got some up now but they're used and I'd prefer to buy new.

Anyone know about new Flame Red/Aqua Blue being sure fire 4.1-4.5?

4. lidolinn

lidolinn Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    United States
    Why not just buy it at Walmart, target?? They didn't question me in my search for 3.55 ps3, they just have an electronic department guy come check the package, make sure everything is there but that's it

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    on the french forum Xavbox, few users reported Amazon sent a copyright 2012 with updated firmware. (Amazon either update it, or users send them back and amazon repackage them as new).

You'll have better chance to go to a shop instead of buying by internet.

6. cateater1

cateater1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    cheshire
    Its fairly random i'm finding, just bought a ©2013 all black 3dsxl here in the UK and its on 4.5.0-10e. It was bought solo and not part any special box set,

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.