• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Supreme Court upholds Arizona voting rules

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
*The kind of ID that disenfranchises Black voters, Hispanic voters, Native American voters, other minority voters, urban voters, transgender voters, student voters, and poor voters

**Depending on which state you live in
I'm sorry if you think Black people are dumb and can't get a simple ID I was in the idea we were beyond racism but seem your racist reply shows democrats the party of the KKK still racist :(

D

Deleted User

Republicans are far right, essentially alt-right at this point. So at this point they want more imperialism, more deregulation/fall more into the cooperation hands and "trickle down economics" which really more like trickles into the pockets of billionaires. SO realistically more like a war state.
They are unable to really win, because the majority do not like their polices, so, they are forced to suppress the vote. This has been admitted several times.

Last edited by ,

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
and not all ID is acceptable, a school id? that can be counted as not enough. and even then, not all schools provide school IDs, or have the funding for it.Don't have enough money to get a state id?
Too bad so sad, can't vote, which is really garbage logic. Which for those born in poverty, they are fucked.

ROFL. They can afford marijuana, beer and their smart phone plan yet can't afford to get a $15 State ID Card, which they have months before each election to obtain. Oh wait, you need a State ID to purchase beer, marijuana and to sign up for that phone. At least now you lefties are claiming it's money interfering with the ability to vote as opposed to the minority being too stupid to figure out how to vote. You've improved ... a little bit ...

D

Deleted User

ROFL. They can afford marijuana, beer and their smart phone plan yet can't afford to get a $15 State ID Card, which they have months before each election to obtain.
then your thinking of the wrong people, people that are poor are not the same as the 26% of people have no home and no job. And have likely lost all their legal documents because of being homeless.
Those people will still fuck, believe me, it will happen. And their children will also remained screwed.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Then you have liberalist

then your thinking of the wrong people, people that are poor are not the same as the 26% of people have no home and no job. And have likely lost all their legal documents because of being homeless.
Those people will still fuck, believe me, it will happen. And their children will also remained screwed.

Let's say there are people too poor with no home that can't afford to buy an ID. Do you really think people in that situation would be out trying to vote and if so, which is a stretch, what % of the population of Arizona would fit into your unlikely category.

D

Deleted User

Let's not forget the incoming housing collapse as no one can buy a home, or rent. Meanwhile the media is trying to create consent that renting is the new style
despite the fact that capitalists are just buying up homes, to gain more money. then when the market crashes, it won't be their pockets that bleed, but the people.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you really think people in that situation would be out trying to vote and if so, which is a stretch, what % of the population of Arizona would fit into your unlikely category.
https://endhomelessness.org/homeles...atistics/state-of-homelessness-report-legacy/
oh I don't know, half a million.
So perhaps a thousand people for arizona or more. Let's not forget that eviction crises which is going to drop even more people out.
Also they probably would try to vote, to you know. Not be fucked by a system where they can't do anything

you know like making it easier for them to vote

D

Deleted User

also as a sidenote, I still haven't e
If you're too much of a lazy *snip* to get a god damn free ID to vote, then you don't deserve to vote.
what's needed for an id? to get one? is it idk. proof of address? a birth certificate, and maybe a social secruity card?

you think those documents are going to be in pristine condition in the rain? not be lost? just just a thought

let's not forget the whole proof of address problem. Kinda hard to provide that when you don't live in a place.

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Editing contents of quote

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what's needed for an id? to get one? is it idk. proof of address? a birth certificate, and maybe a social secruity card?

you think those documents are going to be in pristine condition in the rain? not be lost? just just a thought
That's your problem and personal responsibility if you decide to wipe your ass with important documents instead of keeping them in a safe place, not mine lol

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP

let's not forget the whole proof of address problem. Kinda hard to provide that when you don't live in a place.

Rain? You realize what State you're talking about, right?

D

Deleted User

Rain? You realize what State you're talking about, right?
I lived in Arizona, there's rain. There's a monsoon season where floods are likely to occur happens in the summer towards the end. Sad that you don't know what your talking about.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, not my problem. It's up to the individual to manage their own potential housing situation, either by buying or renting or going in a homeless shelter or something.

D

Deleted User

That's your problem and personal responsibility if you decide to wipe your ass with important documents instead of keeping them in a safe place, not mine lol
How can you keep them in s safe place when on the streets? Are that big of a moron that you can't realize there is no safe place for those documents as a homeless person.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
I lived in Arizona, there's rain. There's a monsoon season where floods are likely to occur happens in the summer towards the end. Sad that you don't know what your talking about.

So, what's the total number of days it rains in Arizona per year? Now, compare that to Florida, New York or Colorado.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you use your birth certificate and social security as an umbrella or something? lol

How can you keep them in s safe place when on the streets? Are that big of a moron that you can't realize there is no safe place for those documents as a homeless person.
Put it in a safe deposit box, store it in the place where you can live for free, shove it up your ass for safe keeping, I don't care. Like I said, it's the person's problem on how to manage that, not mine or anyone else's.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you forget that most of them don't think your a real person unless your a rich white landowner.

Reactions: Deleted User

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you forget that most of them don't think your a real person unless your a rich white landowner.
God forbid one gets a job and manage their life and finances to be a productive and contributing member of society. That's cruel. Just be homeless and let big daddy government take care of you. (fyi, you don't need a million dollars and acres of land to be a person. you already are inherently)

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Do you use your birth certificate and social security as an umbrella or something? lol

The thing is I don't think homeless people are going to be voting anyway. Raul already said it's probably around 1,000 people who are in that situation, which isn't much compared to the 7,520,103 other residents. There's always going to be that exception, but generally speaking most people that want to vote will be able to vote as long as they get an early or absentee ballot or just show up at the polls on voting day.

I got some trivia though, well, not really. Did you know that even before this law you had to show a valid ID to get an early or absentee ballot and when showing up at the polls in Arizona? So in that regard nothing has changed yet the Democrats couldn't even provide a single ounce of evidence that minorities votes were being suppressed?

"[N]either Arizona’s out-of-precinct rule nor its ballot-collection law violates §2 of the VRA," Justice Samuel Alito wrote in the court’s opinion, in which he was joined by Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett.

The court noted that Arizona law "generally makes it quite easy for residents to vote." Discussing the out-of-precinct rule, Alito noted that the state "made extensive efforts" to alleviate burdens by sending notices to all registered voters when precinct locations are changed and by requiring election officials to send out sample ballots to each home with a registered voter that includes a notice of the proper polling location. The court also pointed out that the Arizona secretary of state's office sends pamphlets with polling information, and that voters can look online or call to find out their precinct location.

"Having to identify one’s own polling place and then travel there to vote does not exceed the 'usual burdens of voting,' Alito wrote. "On the contrary, these tasks are quintessential examples of the usual burdens of voting."

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-arizona-voter-fraud-protections

D

Deleted User

Do you have an ambrella or shelter as a homless person? no. no you don't. those homeless shelters get backed up, if your not there in time. too bad, so sad.

Put it in a safe deposit box,
How do you get that as a homeless person? You likely do not have a job and cannot get one.

store it in the place where you can live for free,
yeah and have it risked stolen. Seems logical. that won't be riped for fraud

shove it up your ass for safe keeping,
very creative but I think that will result in some tearing :)
oh well I mean it wouldn't be big enough to cause that kind of tearing.

I don't care. Like I said, it's the person's problem on how to manage that, not mine or anyone else's.
Hmm, Idk chief. So... your telling me it's okay for systematic suppression of voting for united states citizens, all because they became homless likely to no fault of their own, you know, with the multiple economic crises

God forbid one gets a job and manage their life and finances to be a productive and contributing member of society. That's cruel. Just be homeless and let big daddy government take care of you. (fyi, you don't need a million dollars and acres of land to be a person. you already are inherently)
Hey buddy, remember how you were talking about undcoumented workers? What if... you know. some of those undocumented workers, ARE THE HOMELESS PEOPLE.
hmm. just a thought. Let's see, to work in the United states you need a social secruity number, and birth certificate.... HUH
SOUNDS LIKE A CHICKEN IN THE EGG PROBLEM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps